Hurricane Katrina CATEGORY 5!!!

People are saying that they've been screwed for their race and class, that they've been ignored as far as rescues and supplies go, and until further notice, I agree with them.  I'm not seeing white upper class citizens down there.

Uh, duh. The upper class was rich enough to move their asses out of there before the storm hit. Doesn't mean it's racism though. The truth is that a majority of lower class citizens are minorities. So the people who couldn't afford to move just happened to be black. It's a coincidence, not some racist consipricy.

But it's so much more fun to accuse the government of being racist AND slow! :thumbsup1:

The idea is that if there were white people down there, the minorities assume that they'd have gotten help already (which is moot now, because they finally have gotten some help). I didn't mean to imply that the government was selectively rescuing people. And from that point, you can't technically prove that I'm wrong (though I hope I am).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw a clip where there were police officers inside walmart looting, the guy asked them what they were doing and she said they were looking for looters, the other police officer was pulling a cart with stuff in it.

pfft; if I was a cop I woldn't be at Wal-Mart

I'd rather be at Krispy Kreme :thumbsup1:

this has go so outa hand it took the government 3 flocking days to get some food to the people. Tsk* tsk* i swear i have heard some scary stories about it. Gangs had been rounding up lootings, Also gangs have been raping teen girls in bathrooms.Gryph, lets just say your lucky that it didnt hit you but im pretty apawled at what the government is doing. Taking there time

The problem is:

When Tsunami hit SEA, the response was pretty fast (within

the day itself by most country). Are you telling me USA, the most advanced country in the world can't response in time on a natural disaster that they have known for days?!?

Mind boggling....

And to think that US want people to trust them to police the world

The problem is:

When Tsunami hit SEA, the response was pretty fast (within

the day itself by most country). Are you telling me USA, the most advanced country in the world can't response in time on a natural disaster that they have known for days?!?

Mind boggling....

And to think that US want people to trust them to police the world

well...we are at war, all of New Orleans is below sea level (seriously, it's shaped like a bowl), other states were hit by the hurricane

I'm not saying those are reason, just some things to consider