Hurricane Katrina CATEGORY 5!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: The rain is now starting very hard. I can barely see the tree outside my window. The wind isn't too bad though. I wonder how long it will be till power goes out.

so you're not going anywhere eh?

oh well, at least you can write a book about it or something

Edited by Weirdy

Nah, we aren't going anywhere. If you want to check the weather in my town you can go here: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?...ix&CiTemplate=1

As you can see this as bad it gets:

Tonight: Rain and thunderstorms likely, then occasional rain after 7pm. Low near 74. Windy, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph increasing to between 50 and 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Monday: Occasional rain. High near 80. Windy, with a west wind 55 to 60 mph decreasing to between 30 and 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Now I just hope that forcast doesn't change for the worst.

Update: I'm still alive. It's drizzling right now. No wind. The storm is 200 miles away.

One of my mother's friends who evacuated at around 11 this morning was at a town which is about 2 hours away at 5 PM. Traffic is a flocking nightmare and that's on a usually deserted highway. Another friend just called to say that they're leaving now. They'll probably get stuck in lots of traffic too. Both of those families are on the way to Houston.

Hopefully the power and internet sticks around for a while.