Squarenixaito

Today, Square Enix made the surprise announcement that it is moving to acquire Taito, best known for games such as Puzzle Bobble and Graffiti Kingdom. Square Enix currently plans to buy 247,900 shares, or about 67%, of the company. Regarding the stock there is no set limit to how many shares one corporation can buy, but 67% is the maximum currently being publicly traded. So if possible, Square Enix will continue to buy all the stocks that they can until they hold 100%, or whatever maximum Taito allows. If for some reason they are not able to purchase all 247,900 shares Square Enix has stated that they will not go through with the buyout.

However, both companies have expressed a desire for this acquisition so if everything goes as planned, Taito will become a subsidiary of Square Enix.

What does this mean for gamers? Well, maybe if we're lucky we'll be able to play as Vaan and Ashe in the next Puzzle Bobble!

>>Sauce

I'm not, this RPG milkage company has gone downhill with it's titles.....hands off Bub and Bob!

Sorry, but Taito is one of my fav arcade houses and I'm such a rabid Bubble Bobble fan that I want sheets and curtains for my bedroom with Bub and Bob on em. Unfortunately the wife won't comply. :)

While Taito is a respectable game company, it can't survive in the arcade business on it's own, nor in the console business for that matter. People were already compalining when Square and Enix merged, but I don't think the outcome was bad. Same with this.