Banned Games list?

Hi, I am using MAME32 v99 and have most of the roms/chd files but I notice theres a DVD going about for the Xbox and the nfo mentions banned games that are included, such as metal slug 5.. This is new to me.

So can anyone tell me what these banned games are? A list would be very helpful, and why are these games banned?

sorry if this is in the wrong forum, maybe Xbox related but it is about MAME for the PC in the end.

thanks

Dave

The banned games are any games that less than 2-3 years old. I think. It's basically up to MameDEV. Off the top of my head I can think of:

King of Fighters 2003

Samurai Shodown 5 (Special)

Metal Slug 5

I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones I've cared about. They're banned because they are too new and MAMEDev doesn't want to promote piracy by having brand new games on it.

Thanks for the quick response with reason why they are banned, seems strange in a way, I suppose.

Now that its cleared up and I have an idea why there banned now, is there a list of these games I can browse somewhere, GryphonKlaw & robbbert have touched on a few titles but Im sure theres more. Also will these games play if I can source them?

Dave

Hmm...I don't really know of a place that has a list. But James, IQ, and Mr.X will probably know more about them. My suggestion is to try to hunt down an illict build of MAME which we can't link you to.

Banned NeoGeo( i dunno about the others :-P) games (3 years rules) :

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 (i am not sure about this one)

Metal Slug 5

Samurai Shodown 5

Samurai Shodown 5 Special

SvC Chaos : SNK vs Capcom

Pochy and Nyaa

The King of Fighters 2003

And all hacks based on those games are banned, too :D At the beginning of 2006 I think that all of them (except Samurai Shodown 5 SPECIAL) will be officially supported by MAME and other emulators.

Edited by Necromancer

There is no 3 years rule. 

The newer games will added when they feel that the hardware is no longer making money.

So, basically, they are going for the abandonware excuse (That since they aren't making anything, they can't lose anything by us downloading the games)?