Kawaks Crash?

Wait... You cant run any games with kawaks 1.46 (sorry if i have missunderstood u because English is not my native language)? What about Kawaks 1.54? Can u play any games with it?

As for your DATs - I suggest u to test them all in Nebula first! It is much easier to import games in Nebula than in Kawaks. And if they are working under Nebula then they will probably work under Kawaks (i said probably, i mean most of them :D). So try them in Nebula. And when importing DATs, i mean games, in Nebula forget about your ASR.DAT! Use romdatamaker to make a particular Dat file for every single (newer) game you have. After you make a dat file test that game, if it works fine, make a dat for another and test it :) If they are working under Nebula then it wont be hard to "convert" them for Kawaks with loader :)

Regarding KOF2002 problem :

If I've understood correctly, Kawaks/dev uses it's own sets, which are so unique that no other emulator supports them.

Mslug4 for Kawaks dev is the same one that is supported by Kawaks 1.54, MAME and FBA - original set, encrypted. You just need to rename m1_decrypted.bin to m1d.bin :) KOF2002 is almost the same. The only difference is that Kawaks dev set has ADDITIONAL Vxd roms. That means that Kawaks/dev set will work with FBA,MAME, Kawaks 1.54 and Nebula(maybe). So, Darkmage, scan kof2002.zip with RomDataMaker and make sure that everyting is right - for example do not put m1d.bin under [program] files etc :) Make a new dat... At the end you have to edit it :

Replace this:

[System]
CartridgeID: 265
GfxCrypt: 0
GfxKey: 0
ButLayout: 9
Fix: 0

With this:

[System]
CartridgeID: 265
GfxCrypt: 2
GfxKey: EC
ButLayout: 9
Fix: 1E

That set is encrypted, that's why you need to do this :)

KOF 2003:

It also runs KOF2003 with the older P1 and 271-bios.bin

Those files are part of Kof2003 PCB set. AFAIK they are not old - i haven't seen newer versions of those roms. And there is NO WAY you make it run under Kawaks 1.46+loader (kof2003 PCB). You will need a P1 file with broken protection for kof2003 if you wanna play it under Kawaks with loader.

Edited by Necromancer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiffy  Posted Today, 11:13 AM

just use the 1.46 w/ loader n update ur asr dats.

ouch.. i feel like nobody really understands the problem.

NO versions of kawaks work on my new computer, which runs XP pro SP2. The asr.DAT file is from kawaks 1.46 on my OLD computer (XP home SP1) which works fine. I originally posted asking for help on getting Kawaks running and this suddenly turned into a Nebula thread.

Any new ideas?

Spiffy  Posted Today, 11:13 AM

just use the 1.46 w/ loader n update ur asr dats.

ouch.. i feel like nobody really understands the problem.

NO versions of kawaks work on my new computer, which runs XP pro SP2. The asr.DAT file is from kawaks 1.46 on my OLD computer (XP home SP1) which works fine. I originally posted asking for help on getting Kawaks running and this suddenly turned into a Nebula thread.

Any new ideas?

Try this: Change the compatibility mode for the Kawaks execute to Win 98 or 2000.

sorry 4 dat i got slepy here, :devilboy: btw try to change its xp compatibility as stated above or u may try change the video memory allocation..

i had already tried adjusting the compatibility, no luck...

i fiddled with the Kawaks video memory (the Radeon 9000 on the new machine is an IGP) and the Kawaks blitter but still have no luck. I'm gonna read the Radeon manual and see if there are any Direct3D or OpenGl settings i can fiddle with...

• 1 month later...