Old Pro patch for FBA-XXX

+ T +

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It 'd nice to add :

- Fever SOS 980917 Unprotected Ver (aka Dangun Feveron international Unprotected) [NonMAME] ;

- Final Crash (bootleg of Final Fight with diff samples to emulate) [MAME 0.101] ;

- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs Bootleg (03/2005 dump [by EMMA Team] with diff samples to emulate, but not added to MAME yet) [NonMAME] ;

- King of Gladiator (bootleg of kof97 ; C's seem scrambled as in samsh5bl & P 's scrambled too) [Non MAME].

It 'd nice to add :

- Fever SOS 980917 Unprotected Ver (aka Dangun Feveron international Unprotected) [NonMAME] ;

- Final Crash (bootleg of Final Fight with diff samples to emulate) [MAME 0.101] ;

- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs Bootleg (03/2005 dump [by EMMA Team] with diff samples to emulate, but not added to MAME yet) [NonMAME] ;

- King of Gladiator (bootleg of kof97 ; C's seem scrambled as in samsh5bl & P 's scrambled too) [Non MAME].

I'm waiting for the next official build before I do anything more to FBA-XXX Pro, but I'll certainly look into adding these when the time comes. Thanks for the info. :ph34r:

BTW, is there a working driver for King of Gladiator?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I saw your post over at Xbox-Scene. I had to close it because you can't request XDK software on the forum.

But, as to your question, are you patching the correct XBE? 8/26 comes with two different XBE files. One is initially named fbax.xbe and is 3.49 MB. This is the one most people will want to use. Just rename it to default.xbe and use the Pro patch on it.

The other XBE is created when you run the pack.bat file and is 930 KB in size. I don't know all the technical reasons behind it, but Gogo said a few people needed that one. Chances are you don't need... the patch is for the other XBE.

Edited by Thraxen

hello hello,

So what is happening with the fbaxxx/pro scene these days? Is GoGo taking a break from it? Any plans of future releases? Or any plans of the pro version patch getting some more games into the list? aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not sure what is going on with Gogo. I know he had planned on a new version when he got his new site up... not sure what became of all that. +T+ said he would release a new Pro after Gogo updated FBAXXX since he saw no point in releasing a new Pro patch with Gogo updating FBAXXX soon. Well, as you already know, Gogo's new version has turned out to be not so soon after all... so +T+'s next version hasn't appeared either. It appears we are currently at a standstill.

Gogo made a post just a day or two ago on Xbox-Scene, so he's still around. But he must be busy with other things at the moment.

Edited by Thraxen

Ahhh so GoGo is still around and about. I was wondering that too about his new site, when it will be up and running again.

Yup... it's been some time since another update as been released.

+T+ any plans of updating the pro patch for the current fbaxxx or are the plans still for the next fbaxxx release?

Saku00 my xbox is starting to play up these days after 3 years and can sometimes freeze on the xbox logo start up from time to time. Sometimes I get past the xbox logo freeze by just pressing the eject button which somehow seem to do the trick lol. Give it a try :blink: I'd laugh if it works.

I've taken a look at IQ's kog driver and unfortunately it won't work with FBA-XXX. The reason is that the C descrambling code uses the NeoSpriteROM variable which seems unsupported in the Xbox build of FBA. This is the same problem that keeps samsh5bl and svcboot from working correctly. So unless a workaround is found by someone who better understands the code I'm afraid this one's a no-go. :blink: