Old Pro patch for FBA-XXX

+ T +

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what is going on with Gogo.  I know he had planned on a new version when he got his new site up... not sure what became of all that.  +T+ said he would release a new Pro after Gogo updated FBAXXX since he saw no point in releasing a new Pro patch with Gogo updating FBAXXX soon.  Well, as you already know, Gogo's new version has turned out to be not so soon after all... so +T+'s next version hasn't appeared either.  It appears we are currently at a standstill. 

Gogo made a post just a day or two ago on Xbox-Scene, so he's still around.  But he must be busy with other things at the moment.

Lol no, I am not dead :D, all I can say is school, school and still school :D (day and evening :o ).

As for the projects, I haven t any good news, the site is not ready yet (and I am not the one responsible of the site), I don t really know if it will be on 1emulation in the end (we didn t end the discussion over new roms in fba and xbe, I don t wanna ruin this site).

All I did, was that KIxxx optimizition (not using gpu for the moment cause of a bug when using texture for RAM), on fbaxxx -> I've set a true PAL50, do not know what else need to be done (I would like to add 720P support, but I can t test and I need to see if I can see any sources somewhere (latest version of scummvmm has 720P support apparently)).

And the latest thing is the universal remote project on PSP, so far I have a program that can use philips RC5/RC6 and sony SIRC signal.

Not sure what is going on with Gogo.  I know he had planned on a new version when he got his new site up... not sure what became of all that.  +T+ said he would release a new Pro after Gogo updated FBAXXX since he saw no point in releasing a new Pro patch with Gogo updating FBAXXX soon.   Well, as you already know, Gogo's new version has turned out to be not so soon after all... so +T+'s next version hasn't appeared either.  It appears we are currently at a standstill. 

Gogo made a post just a day or two ago on Xbox-Scene, so he's still around.  But he must be busy with other things at the moment.

Lol no, I am not dead :), all I can say is school, school and still school :P (day and evening :) ).

As for the projects, I haven t any good news, the site is not ready yet (and I am not the one responsible of the site), I don t really know if it will be on 1emulation in the end (we didn t end the discussion over new roms in fba and xbe, I don t wanna ruin this site).

All I did, was that KIxxx optimizition (not using gpu for the moment cause of a bug when using texture for RAM), on fbaxxx -> I've set a true PAL50, do not know what else need to be done (I would like to add 720P support, but I can t test and I need to see if I can see any sources somewhere (latest version of scummvmm has 720P support apparently)).

And the latest thing is the universal remote project on PSP, so far I have a program that can use philips RC5/RC6 and sony SIRC signal.

Why don't ask Carcharius to help you out with 720p issue, that guy can work wonders.

• 2 weeks later...

For those still wanting King of Gladiator I've only just noticed a new version of Kawaks was released a couple of weeks ago that supports it. So I should be able to add it to FBA-XXX Pro using the pre-decrypted C ROMs it produces.

If it works I'll add in some of the other new supported hacks like Lansquenet as well. Also I notice all the ROMs from the MVS set of kof2003 are now available but I've not seen a working driver yet.

If you pop into IQ's site, there are drivers for those new kawaks sets, for FBA and MAME.

Thanks for the info. BTW, could somebody tell me if Lansquenet is just a ROM-hack or does come from an actual board/cart?

If you pop into IQ's site, there are drivers for those new kawaks sets, for FBA and MAME.

Thanks for the info. BTW, could somebody tell me if Lansquenet is just a ROM-hack or does come from an actual board/cart?

It's real. There are pictures of the board on neo-geo.com's forums

Well it turns out that Kawaks' option to save decrypted C ROMs doesn't work with kog and lans2004 because they're not encrypted in the same way that most NG games are and so the emulator doesn't consider them encrypted at all for the purposes of saving the ROMs.

So if anyone knows of any patches or similar to create decrypted sets of the above please let me know. Failing that, just the CRC numbers of the decrypted ROMs would be helpful.

Well it turns out that Kawaks' option to save decrypted C ROMs doesn't work with kog and lans2004 because they're not encrypted in the same way that most NG games are and so the emulator doesn't consider them encrypted at all for the purposes of saving the ROMs.

So if anyone knows of any patches or similar to create decrypted sets of the above please let me know. Failing that, just the CRC numbers of the decrypted ROMs would be helpful.

http://neosource.1emulation.com/kogcenc.zip

You can decrypt or encrypt with this and it will do kog and lans

Thanks ever so much iq. I should be able to add these sets now. ;)

Just as a matter of interest though, is NeoSpriteROM absolutely necessary for the C ROM decryption in these drivers or would you happen to know any alternate code that might work as well?

I'm not at all familiar with FBA-XXX's source, so I don't think i can help there. <_>

However, if you can figure out where to access the C data, all you have to do is swap every 128bytes of data (128bytes = 1 tile of neogeo Sprite data),

so tile1->tile2, tile2->tile1, etc