Old Pro patch for FBA-XXX

+ T +

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PRican or +T+, could either of you guys post a DAT for me that allows me to play Metal Slug 4, 5, 5plus, Samurai Showdown 5, and Snk vs Capcom Chaos (BAED 3B Rom versions) on FBAxxx Pro 8/26 (newest +T+ patched version)?

It would really be appreciated.

DAT files are only used to show you which ROMs you have or need. They are not used by the emulator at all and changing them will have no effect on the supported sets. To play those games you will need to have the necessary ROMs as listed in the DATs.

Alternatively you could try giving your zipfiles the 'fully decrypted' set names (mslug4nd.zip, mslug5nd.zip, samsh5nd.zip, svcnd.zip) and try running them with the 'No CRC' option set to on. If your ROMs are decrypted and the sizes and names are correct then this might work.

But basically, FBA-XXX Pro is for only those who want to use the latest and most accurate ROMsets. If all you want to do is play the games then you're probably better off using the official FBA-XXX. :P

PRican or +T+, could either of you guys post a DAT for me that allows me to play Metal Slug 4, 5, 5plus, Samurai Showdown 5, and Snk vs Capcom Chaos (BAED 3B Rom versions) on FBAxxx Pro 8/26 (newest +T+ patched version)?

It would really be appreciated.

DAT files are only used to show you which ROMs you have or need. They are not used by the emulator at all and changing them will have no effect on the supported sets. To play those games you will need to have the necessary ROMs as listed in the DATs.

Alternatively you could try giving your zipfiles the 'fully decrypted' set names (mslug4nd.zip, mslug5nd.zip, samsh5nd.zip, svcnd.zip) and try running them with the 'No CRC' option set to on. If your ROMs are decrypted and the sizes and names are correct then this might work.

But basically, FBA-XXX Pro is for only those who want to use the latest and most accurate ROMsets. If all you want to do is play the games then you're probably better off using the official FBA-XXX. :P

I'm downloading a Neo-Mame32-0.95 romset as we speak. It includes Samurai Showdown 5 special in it. I wonder if this will fix those roms for me. Hopefully. It seems new enough.

JohnBoy has updated the Neo-Geo reference dat, he has added the new V4 ROM (true V4) for Last Blade.

Neo-Geo 2005-09-15 (RC).dat by JohnBoy :

Awesome. JB's DAT is my main source of ROM info for FBA-XXX Pro.

Thanks for the news. :P