Old Pro patch for FBA-XXX

+ T +

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

08.02 is the BEST i have gone back and dont some comparisons...

From what I've been hearing the newer build does seem to have some problems.

So here's a new patch that will turn the XBE from the 08/26 release into a Pro build that uses 08/02 as a base:

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/fbaxxxpro_patch2.rar

This is the build I'm currently using and, as you say, it does seem alot more stable.

I've also updated the first post in the thread.

Edited by + T +

08.02 is the BEST i have gone back and dont some comparisons...

From what I've been hearing the newer build does seem to have some problems.

So here's a new patch that will turn the XBE from the 08/26 release into a Pro build that uses 08/02 as a base:

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/fbaxxxpro_patch2.rar

This is the build I'm currently using and, as you say, it does seem alot more stable.

I've also updated the first post in the thread.

Damn both links aren't working anymore..

scratchy sound in samsho 5 special character menu, possible bug?

*shrugs*

I dunno. All the Pro build does is update the ROMsets. Everything else is exactly the same as FBA-XXX. So any performance problems are most likely down to issues with the original code.

If you're having the problem with Pro patch1 then try patch2 and see if it's still there with the older (and, it would seem, more stable) codebase.

i used pro patch 2, it was just something i noticed, never know, it could be just on my end unless someone else can confirm. on another note one thing that has not changed since even the older builds is the corrupt coin insert sounds in Strikers 1945 plus, i thing that happend when the slowdown was fixed for that a ways back. this emulator seems so close to perfect, though gogo said it was. but its close. now i would love to see metal slug 2 run smooth without the cpu juiced up like kawa-x. that damn emu still runs incredible considering no support except hacking to play newer roms. anyway love this emu, 480p kicks ass. oh and one last thing, i just returned back to this scene, been out a while, and you or gogo fixed that annoying controller lag in the others category, THANK YOU! (example-battle garegga) this drove me so nuts i had to suffer and use mameox, not knocking it just not my emu of choice for those raizing games. Thanks

i used pro patch 2, it was just something i noticed, never know, it could be just on my end unless someone else can confirm. on another note one thing that has not changed since even the older builds is the corrupt coin insert sounds in Strikers 1945 plus, i thing that happend when the slowdown was fixed for that a ways back. this emulator seems so close to perfect, though gogo said it was. but its close. now i would love to see metal slug 2 run smooth without the cpu juiced up like kawa-x. that damn emu still runs incredible considering no support except hacking to play newer roms. anyway love this emu, 480p kicks ass. oh and one last thing, i just returned back to this scene, been out a while, and you or gogo fixed that annoying controller lag in the others category, THANK YOU! (example-battle garegga) this drove me so nuts i had to suffer and use mameox, not knocking it just not my emu of choice for those raizing games. Thanks

You have Gogo to thank for all the recent improvements to FBA-XXX. As I said, all I'm doing is updating and adding ROMsets. :thumbsup1:

BTW, has anyone tested out the kof10thu or kof2k4se drivers yet? I'm just curious to know if they work or not.

Edited by + T +

anyone notice ms4plus not working w/patch 2, i know its not you T just wondering if anyone got this problem with it not booting up. untill they get there act together over at fba im gonna go dig up pro from the old thread and run 7.23. one step forwards ten back, 8.2, and 26 is a mess.Thanks- later

Ps sorry for being a pain, but now i know why i tune out for a while, because of this. this is tedious crap, updating roms, messing with romcenter till im blind. hey if it aint broke dont fix it the saying goes. ok i will stop now and hopefully be optimistic again with future releases of my favorite emu

Edited by lawnspic

EDIT: ms4plus is working fine for me with both patches. Check your ROMset is correct.

Keep in mind that if you go back to any Pro (or FBA-XXX) build prior to 08/02 you'll have to put up with the awful sound-glitching problem that Gogo fixed recently.

Overall I think 08/02 is the best version of FBA-XXX to date.

Edited by + T +