Serious Sam II multiplayer seriously set

Publisher 2K Games has changed its tight-lipped status on the multiplayer features of the upcoming multiplatform shooter Serious Sam II. The company announced that both the Xbox and PC versions of the game will feature fully cooperative play of the single-player campaign. PC gamers will be able create teams of up to 16 people, while those with an Xbox will be limited to four via Xbox Live or system link.

Not to be confused with Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam II is the full next-generation sequel to 2001's back-to-basics PC shooter. The action will take place over 40 levels with about 20 different weapons, some of which are basic action game fare while others are a bit more over-the-top, such as the kamikaze bomb-laden parrot. According to the announcement, all single-player content will be available in the multiplayer modes.

Serious Sam II is set for release this fall. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's most recent preview.

>>Gamespot

>>GS Preview

When I read this yesterday I was so happy about the 16 player co-op. I am definitely buying this game. I will most probably be buying this game. Screw F.E.A.R.

I wish I was at QuakeCon since this is going to be playable at the Nvidia section.

Warez F.E.A.R. for the SP, buy Serious Sam II for the MP. Good invest I see in it.

Exactly what I'm probably doing, except I'm buying F.E.A.R. You people know that I'm not so hot for multiplayer games, but 16-people co-op, now that I could play.