Man dies after online game marathon... xD

Mr.X

From : www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/08/09/game.death.reut/index.html

Man dies after online game marathon

SEOUL, South Korea (Reuters) -- A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

:lol: i hope none of you are korean here. good find i must add and kanti get of "Wow" and have a break man. before you turn out like this guy jk. he had some serious problem and reminds me of that korean chick that gets paid 100k a year to play games for 320 days of the year.

not the first time i've heard about something like this, and it probably won't be the last. I can play WoW for 5 or 6 hours at a time, but for to play any game pretty much two days is rediculous.

Seeing how koreans ae the biggest online gaming "community" in the world, and how much time they spend playing online games in average, I'm not so surprised about this. Yeah, thi ain't the first time something like this has happened.

I probobly play games, on average, 14 hours a day. The rest of the time is spent keeping my body in check with things like food, drink, sleep, and some exercise.

Besides, his heart probobly failed from the sudden lack of activity when he stopped. :lol: If only he had kept playing...