Sony goes after Lik-Sang for selling PSPs!

Sony has turned its sights on popular (and reliable) online gaming retailer, Lik-Sang, in its ongoing struggle to stamp out PSP imports to the UK. As it turns out, Lik-Sang was happily providing Japanese PSPs to eager Europeans. That’s a big no-no in Sony’s book, prompting the company to take legal action against the online retailer in the High Court of Hong Kong. If the court decides in favor of Sony then we’ll be seeing another blow to the European import market, as Sony seeks to ban not only import PSPs, but all games & accessories as well.

>>Joystiq

I was wondering why no one else did.

Very concern on why NO one did post it. Just a heads up rather. Hoarding the stuff is usually what I do remember :(

Well, considering that the PSP launch is in September over here, I can understand why they want to root out those PSPs that get here before the official launch date.

Bad for business? Maybe, but they are protecting their "assets" just like any company would do.

What is the real point though? Why force customers (KEY FUXING WORD HERE! = CUSTOMERS = $!) to wait? After it is released, who are they to tell anyone they still can't buy a Japanese one? They can't.........so why bother hurting sales beforehand? Maybe some of these people would buy a PAL unit as well afterwards, but now some potential customers have been made angry.

I have always hated Sony's marketing and sales strategy. I've also always hated how they are touted as "Numero Uno" in the market for home electronics.

They're only "Numero Uno" in the GENERIC market, if you have plenty of money.......you laugh at Sony quality and buy stuff the average consumer hasn't even heard of. Sony isn't even close to Top-Of-The-Line with people who know they're equipment.