Getting Caught up--Multiple Questions

Hi Guys,

Am getting back into the emulation scene, and I have some questions to see if anything changed while I was gone...*(a whole year...got to love moving)*

Thanks so much for the answers and the help ahead of time.

Have they been able to emulate any games such as Street Fighter 3, or 2nd impact?? I did a quick search and I am pretty sure they havent..at least on mame anyway...is there another emulator for them?

I went to romnation and saw that there is also the Samurai Showdown for the N64. Does mame support it? I cant get it to work..is there a bios I am missing?

I also saw that there is a KOF2004SE? I cant get it to work either?

Thanks again so much guys..

Revenant

Street Fighter 3 (or any CPS-3 game) is not emulated in any emulator. You may find ROM dumps of them but I don't know how good they are.

Samurai Showdown for N64 cannot run on MAME because MAME is an arcade emulator. You need an N64 emulator for that such as Project64 or 1964.

KOF2004SE is a hack which isn't supported in MAME. You'll either have to find a build of MAME that includes it or add it yourself.

I went to romnation and saw that there is also the Samurai Showdown for the N64. Does mame support it? I cant get it to work..is there a bios I am missing?

Maybe you mean the Hyper NeoGeo Samurai Shodown 64? If thats the case, it does need the hyper NG64 bios, but the game is still not playable.

Maybe you mean the Hyper NeoGeo Samurai Shodown 64? If thats the case, it does need the hyper NG64 bios, but the game is still not playable.

I have no idea to be honest Z-Neo, the one I was speaking of was listed under their MAME roms..

I have a feeling it may be the same for the Street Fighter EX and EX plus as well they have listed, as they are listed in the latest mame, but maybe like Gryphon had said in other posts, they are just listed there...as a To Do, and not really supported?

Well there was a Samurai Showdown game for the Hyper NeoGeo 64 so if you saw that under MAME then that's what it probably was. You'll need the BIOS (which you can't ask for here) but it still won't run.