2003UB313

Gryph

Could be this solar system's 10th planet.

Astronomers announced Friday that they have discovered a new planet larger than Pluto in orbit around the sun. The finding will likely renew debate over what exactly is a planet and whether Pluto should keep its status.

ADVERTISEMENT

click here

The unnamed object — the farthest-known object in the solar system — is currently 9 billion miles away from the sun, or about three times Pluto's current distance from the sun. Astronomers do not know its exact size, but its brightness shows that it is at least as large as Pluto and could be up to 1 1/2 times bigger.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050730/ap_on_sc/new_planet

Why can't astronomers give them cooler names? I'm getting flocking tired of them when all I hear is "this planetoid X534##¤¤XAZAS that we just found...".

Hello my name is b2132149549........ version 20.102 (still in BETA testing)

Anyways , it's weird that another planet was found, makes me feel smaller even though im 6.4 rofl (grew an inch three days ago)

Edited by Drake

they oughta send a human into jupiter, or Uranus or Saturn and show a pic of them getting owned

hmmm, sending a human into Uranus would definately not be cool, lol

Maybe it's the mythical Planet X, and now that we've discovered it, it's inhabitants are going to send Gihidrah or Mechagodzilla down to ravage Tokyo!

Well all celestial objects have names like this. It will be given a proper name once it passes the International Board of Planet Naming or something like that. But seriously, they have to make sure it's a planet first, or as robbbert said, not a comet on the way to kill us.