Bleemcast Beta :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you read right. A cracked Bleemcast Beta has been released. The original bleem paks played 3 PSX games (Gran Turismo 2, Tekken 3 & Metal Gear Solid).

This beta was designed to play ALL games and I've tested a few and they run perfectly. I'm so excited I could faint :)

First, go to This Spanish Dreamcast site

The link is the one that says descargatelo de aqui. Download it (duh!) :lol:

If you have discjuggler you can use it (I personally hate it) but I recommend you get Alcohol 120% from here

Select RAW (some cd burners can't do RAW so if yours can't, start crying now :) ) and burn at the lowest speed setting.

Put it in your dreamcast and when the flashing logo comes up, put in a PSX game. Then remind yourself that the DC is the best console EVER. Thank you and goodnight! :lol:

Yep. Good stuff.

Started testing the other night. Started a compatibility list.

I used Nero to burn it, by mounting the CDI in FantomCD and doing a COPY. I hate Discjuggler. (And CDI2Nero doesn't work properly with the Bleemcast image)

Nice list :lol:

Rod Maher (one of the Bleemcast programmers) posted this at DCemulation.com today

Hi, I'm Rod and I worked at bleem programming the DC version with Rand. I haven't posted here before but I thought it was important to clarify a few things about the beta that has been doing the rounds. 

The beta is an extremely early version of bleemcast. Nothing has been modified by whoever has distributed the image, this is simply bleemcast at 30% completion. 

This beta in fact predates the E3 show where bleemcast was first announced. For those doubters keep in mind we demo'd Ridge Racer 4, Omega Boost and Gran Turismo 2 at E3 in May 2000. These were selected because at this stage of development the ingame graphics were perfect for these games. Certainly there were no texture problems (grey polys), or rearview mirrors drawing crap everywhere. Otherwise you'd have heard it reported by those who attended at the time :) 

A full year of development continued on after E3, with the first bleempak released in May 2001. A significant amount was acheived in this time with speed, compatibility and features. 

I can understand why people like seeing a whole range of stuff running. It gives you a glimpse of the promise we saw in the emulator, and why we decided to invest the time to push the DC hardware to its limit. It's a shame however that people are now seeing something that differs so much from the final product. An emu where GT2 chokes as soon as multiple cars are on screen, and where cars run into walls in the replay theatre. MGS doesn't boot, and Tekken 3 gets nowhere close to the 60fps of the bleempak. 

If you haven't yet seen the GT2, TK3 or MGS paks do us a favour and check them out to see how good emulation can get. I know you can't buy the bleempaks anymore but maybe you can find a friend who has them and is willing to lend them for a while. 

Our definition of perfect is a lot different to those who are posting to the compatibility listings :lol:

So this is bleem running at 30% :)

Well we have Sony to thank for us never getting our hands on the 100% final. Arseholes :)

Don't want to kill the celebration :). But the BETA has been out for a long time. You can find it in the Direct Connect Hub's easily.

In fact there is even a site dedicated to the beta (which you can download it from there too, by just clicking on the BleemCast link in big blue letters):

+ It has a awesome Game Compatibility List!!

http://bleemcast.no-ip.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...