If my XBox dies im going to be pissed....

Shibathedog

Okay so my PS2(s) broke, but im getting a new one soon, my DVD player broke, but i think im finally able to replace that.

Now my Xbox is being sweet....

First thing that happened is while playing Goldeneye: Rouge Agent (I had to at least try it out okay?) The disc drive started making really loud and weird noises while loading, but the game didnt freeze or anything, it was fine. Second thing that happened is I turned off my xbox with the disc tray open, and normally my Xbox closes it for me. This time it stayed open....WTF? so i turned it on again and it was blinking like it was loading a disc, i hit close and it popped and went in and now it works normally again.

BTW i have the Samsung drive.

Is it just me or do console's optical drives blow ass? Are these things i should worry about? Why are my old systems like Sega Saturn outlasting PS2s!!?!??! and maybe and Xbox!??!?!

I think it is only the mechanism, it makes the xbox think your drive is close while it is open, simply close it by hand (be careful not to break the mechanism though :thumbsup1: ).

yep softmods are nice now. I softmodded my sisters new xbox cuz she didn't want to void the warrenty. no problems with it in 3 or 4 months.

as for the xboxs durability, I dunno. I hear about alot of problems. but I've had my xbox for 3 years with no problems at all. I even have the "crappy" thompson drive.

i think twice (Might have only been once, i dont remember clearly) i had to push it closed now...grrrr

Whats the most up to date site that has softmodding stuff? I really only want to copy one game to it so i guess the HDD i have now is fine, and DivX playback and stuff would be nice because i have ALOT of burned DivX movies.