MAMEoX128_Plus!_ver20050726

HK$

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Just wanted to say that this release of Mame is excellent! Thanks for all the hard work, as it is much appreciated. Mame looks to be close to the best it's going to get on XBox, so the removal of screen tearing is great!

I was wondering if anyone has been able to create a.dat file for use in RomCenter? I flipped back a few pages and saw the neo geo txt file, but I just thought I'd ask since RomCenter is a bit easier to read. Several of my CPS and Neo games that worked in Mamedox 1.1 either no longer work on this release (different and/or missing files) or they work despite having different CRCs.

Additionally, I noticed that the performance of some games isn't what I recall in the past. An example is Darkstalkers. Felicia's icon in the character select screen flickers the whole time and the gameplay is quite choppy, neither of which did I notice in previous releases. Please note that I'm using the Euro set, which seems to check out ok while loading. I have the aspect ratio 'disabled' and Vsync 'enabled'. I haven't had time to check other games, so this is very preliminary.

Thanks again for everything!

Thank you, Prican. It looks like I have some updating to do! :D

So, if I'm not mistaken, the 'other' games use the.84 set. Only the CPS 1/2 use.98. Aside from the txt file about the Neo Geo games, is there any information as to which set we need? My set is basically compatible with +T+'s Pro set from a few versions back. However, this latest Mameox128 doesn't like several of my newer Neo roms and a few of my older ones (such as Ninja Combat). Hopefully a dat for the Neo games will be available, since comparing my sets to a txt file is a bit time consuming.

Keep up the great work! :devilboy:

I personal cant see screen tearing on games in MamedOX with anomophic minification and magnification (by default it is Linear change it :devilboy: ), apart from really cpu intensive games that just run right like SFA3 and in HK128meg one there is no screen tearing but it drops frames, I personal prefer it taer a little than drop frames

Use vsync will need more cpu power, maybe this is the reason it drops frames, disabling vsync may fix it.

By the way, I tryed seibuspi drivers again on my 128m xbox, raiden fighter need vmm be set to 4 and 2048, rdft2 need 4 and 1024. They need about 90m extra memory maybe for gfx decrypting? Maybe we can copy the encrypted gfx data to z: then decrypt it then copy it back to memory to use less memory, like neogeo c rom decrypting code.

After loading game, the game runs, but it says check sum error.

Pic:

855879912.JPG

In the MACHINE_INIT( spi ) part, you can see "If the first value doesn't match, the game shows a checksum error", so I think it must have something to do with the intelflash_write founction in intelfsh.c (I've updated it to MAME0.98).

static MACHINE_INIT( spi )
{
int i;
UINT8 *sound = memory_region(REGION_SOUND1);

UINT8 *rombase = memory_region(REGION_USER1);
UINT8 flash_data = rombase[0x1ffffc];

cpunum_set_input_line(1, INPUT_LINE_RESET, ASSERT_LINE );

memory_install_write32_handler(0, ADDRESS_SPACE_PROGRAM, 0x00000688, 0x0000068b, 0, 0, z80_prg_fifo_w);
memory_install_write32_handler(0, ADDRESS_SPACE_PROGRAM, 0x0000068c, 0x0000068f, 0, 0, z80_enable_w);

memory_set_bankptr(4, memory_region(REGION_CPU2));

/* If the first value doesn't match, the game shows a checksum error */
/* If any of the other values are wrong, the game goes to update mode */
intelflash_write(0, 0, 0xff);
intelflash_write(0, 0, 0x10);
intelflash_write(0, 0, flash_data); 	 /* country code */

for (i=0; i < 0x100000; i++)
{
 intelflash_write(0, 0, 0xff);
 sound[i] = intelflash_read(0, i);
}
for (i=0; i < 0x100000; i++)
{
 intelflash_write(1, 0, 0xff);
 sound[0x100000+i] = intelflash_read(1, i);
}
}

Additionally, I noticed that the performance of some games isn't what I recall in the past. An example is Darkstalkers. Felicia's icon in the character select screen flickers the whole time and the gameplay is quite choppy, neither of which did I notice in previous releases.

I've just done some test. Felicia's icon in the character select screen flickers in the official MAMEoX0.84, and even in MAME0.84 it flickers as well. So it's not a bug from MAMEoX128 Plus!

But I will see if I can fix it.

Thanks for checking it out, HK$! I hadn't tried that game out on previous versions of Mame, so I had no idea it was an older bug.

Thank you as well, BritneysPAIRS. I'll look into that next time I load it up.

I appreciate the dedication and thoroughness you all share in regards to making Mameox the best it can be!

Let me know if you guys need anything tested out anytime!