MAMEoX128_Plus!_ver20050726

HK$

The vm.txt I added in this build is the official one released by xport.

It's for 64M XBOX, and it's up to you to add games in it.

If you have a 128M XBOX, test the vmm settings yourself.

For the network features, yes you must enable it. It's like this in the official version for a long time.

Edited by HK$

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i didnt post sooner...

-SCREEN TEARING IS GONE!!!! tested. best examples are sol-divide and Tengai

they used to tear so bad you couldnt barely play

-aspect ratio correction WORKS!!!

although i turn it OFF on my arcade machine because i want every game to be edge to edge on my screen...when you have aspect correction turned ON and then you size a neogeo kof game perfectly to your screen...then load sol divide or tengai it will use the games correct aspect and it wont match the size you made the kof neogeo game...so it does work perfectly but not the best to turn on for my setup...but it is working perfectly...

also try p-47 ACES...it used to tear so bad now its fixed...HK did some great work...im gonna say that this work by HK is as groundbreaking and helpful as soften\flicker settings by bender!

Sorry bender but HK did some good stuff here!

only thing i can ask for from HK is that he makes soften filter OFF on the game select menu...like bender has done in his 7-27-05 release...

if HK does that to his build i think we can call it HKbendermame.84 FINAL :P

untill someone can bring us up to.98 sources but i think this is as difficult a task as making a port from scratch...and we probably need what's his name...the original mameox author :)

Edited by sammaz

I tested it all and it looks wicked works perfect, personally I like MamedOX better because many of the options are missing but it has many new features that are cool. If it is possible to get source files or 2 talk to you about your mod and you can or I can put it together and release it.

I never new street fighter alpha 3 was wrong aspect ratio :)

Cheers HK alot of cool new features

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

when i have keep aspect ratio on all the streetfighter games have big boarders top and bottom and the fighters look squashed....i think its the same for all cps games...i have to keep it off...but thats makes games like 1942 go fullscreen which looks stupid

yeah i have all horizontal roms on mameox and i use a p4 2.8 ghz pc in my verticaal mounted 29 in neocandy machine...so i have a vertical cab and a regular one... so i am not using mameox for vertical games

this is my neocandy 29` (stock photo) mine is rotated :

http://www.pyronious.com/images/emulation/neo_fe_4.jpg

this is my 1st cab with xbox only in it (stock photo) :

http://hardmvs.com/xml/usa/MVS-2-25/MVS-2-25.jpg

I just had an idea for 2 new features...

1. "lock mode" - where you could lock mameox from accessing the options menu...like when you press START it would not go to the options screen,,,so people couldnt mess with the settings..

2. "coin mode" - where users could only exit a game from the title screen of a game..so users could put 5 coins in and be able to switch games and have those credits transfer over to the newly loaded game..(i know this sounds very difficult to code)

Edited by sammaz

when i have keep aspect ratio on all the streetfighter games have big boarders top and bottom and the fighters look squashed....i think its the same for all cps games...i have to keep it off...but thats makes games like 1942 go fullscreen which looks stupid

That's because cps games' resolution is 384 x 224.

Edited by HK$

PS I cant actually see any screen tears when in animorphic minifi and magnifi, alittle in street fighter alpha 3 but 128M one has frame skips in that at times. Tengai etc have no frame tears until I go into linear min and magnif.

Can anyone verfy this for me please.

Also can someone with 128M test bendermike mame and see if Raiden Fighters works that would great