BAED3 updated with loads of roms and MameDox 1.1

herbalb

Hello everyone.

I recently downloaded the great BAED3 with MameOX. As I was really deeply impressed by the compatibility of MameOX I started to optimize the great compilation a little bit (by using Romcenter, CLRMame, MAWS-Site and my complete MAME ROM collection)

Some good ROMs where missing and some where unneeded (like the ROMs that also need a CHD image in order to work) so I downloaded the latest MameDOX 1.1 and created a new compilation that also includes newer additions like Puzzle Loop 2, Super Trio or Gunbarich but also the complete Artworks and Overlays used by some games in order to be played correctly.

It took me about 20 hours to sort out all the (officially) non working ROMs (according to MAWS) and test loads of ST-V and PSX-based games and others that could be included because they work quite good (like Puyo Puyo, BakuBaku Animal for ST-V and some slow-but-playable games like Strider 2 or Xevious3D/G) or should be excluded because they do not work at all...

Even though I didn`t include neogeo games and nearly no CPS(2) Roms (except for Street Fighter 2, 19xx and Strider) it was nearly 800 MB more of ROMs. Of course there may be some ROMs left that do not work but I think this is probably the most complete collection of playable games that fits on 1 DVD.

As some ST-V and PSX-Hardware based games did not work very good on MAMEDOX 1.1 (believe me, I compared the compatibility of MAMEDox and MameOX by testing many ROMs and for some strange reason these games run much better on MameOX) I created a multiboot that allows you to use both emulators with the same romset - you only have to set the correct rompath within the Mame Options (G:\Roms, G:\Artwork etc.).

Just in case you did not know - if you disable frameskip and maybe sound some games are much more playable on MameOX (like Xevious 3D/G).

As this forum is always a great help I would like to contribute a little bit.

[deleted]

Greetings

Edited by herbalb

Regarding your last question, it is against the rules to distribute copyrighted material in any form on the forums. So before you ask anymore questions, please read the board rules.

I can tell you though that your options are extremely limited if you can't use BitTorrent.

I`m sorry, I read the board rules but there is written that people mustn`t offer direct downloads, links or ask for roms. I did not want to distribute it on the forum, I saw the "Big Ass Emu Disc 3" post below so I thought this post would not be much different as I didn`t offer any download within my post but just asked how i could share it just in case this could be of some interest for someone...

If this is also against the rules then please excuse me - just wanted to help others as others helped me, too.

Nevertheless, I edited my post so hope this is OK now.

Edited by herbalb

No worries. I'm just reminding because this place gets those members who don't even glance at the rules. Nice to see that you are on the ball. You didn't need to delete that question, even thought it was a bit so-so. I would have deleted it if it had links.

Are Newsgroups an option to you? of course, it's still more cumbersome than BitTorrent.

Id recommend you fix samshow down 5 special in mamedoX if you are using it. Contact me and ill show you how to fix sound.

Also check against this list its all that was asked for in development that ran OK (no double ups, no bad running games, few hacks, no non working games and only the ones that rated well or were requested oh also I tested everyone OK)

www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/Games.txt

PS also keymapping is wrong on many I fixed that as well hope you have eg try turning gun around on ikari warrors :(

Hope it helps sorry if it sounds rude, anyway PM me if you want any help

@Prican25: Thanks for the link, I am trying to get behind it.

@BritneysPAIRS: I separated (just like in BAED3) the NEOGEO, CPS1 and CPS2 games from the MAME(D)OX Set otherwise I would not have been able to fit everything on 1 DVD. For these games I will be using FBAX, but thanks for offering help to fix sound for Samurai Shodown 5.

I realized that several keymappings are wrong, also for e.g. Gunfight and others but where is there a keymap-problem with Ikari Warriors? As far as I know this game only uses 2 buttons and both of them are mapped correctly. The option to turn around is in Ikari III, but there you have to press two buttons simulataneously and it will work. Did I miss anything? Please correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I can see, the compilation I made includes every rom in your list but also a few more like some st-V games that are absolutely playable like Puyo Puyo Sun, Baku Baku Animal and Hanagumi Taisen Columns (with sound glitches). BUT for some reason they are only playable on MameOX, not on MameDOX 1.1 that's why I made a multiboot DVD with both emulators...

does it have B for favorites, sort by changing with back button and no warnings?

if so I to may look at it

PS:Also IKARI warrors has rotate gun left and rotate gun right none of them are mapped by default.

I have keymaped every game on list so they all work correct and will add this to mamedOX 1.2. Also I wonder why no one has ever mentioned keymapping out of 1000 games 50 had keymapping issues

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

That`s great, hope to see MamedOX 1.2 soon.

I didn't know that for Ikari Warriors but I am glad that you will fix the key problems in that many games. Finally Gunfight, SpeedBall and the others will be perfectly playable then :)

And if possible please have a look at the st-v games because as mentioned above some of them worked perfectly in MameOX but not in MamedOX.

Keep up the good work.

I will wait till release of MamedOX and then create another full compilation with all ROMs and if necessary with multiple Mame versions, depending on their compatibility...

As I finally know how to use newsgroups (thanks to Prican25) this shouldn`t be any more problem...just have to think about a good name for the set :(

does it have B for favorites, sort by changing with back button and no warnings?

if so I to may look at it

PS:Also IKARI warrors has rotate gun left and rotate gun right none of them are mapped by default.

I have keymaped every game on list so they all work correct and will add this to mamedOX 1.2. Also I wonder why no one has ever mentioned keymapping out of 1000 games 50 had keymapping issues