Prank order fills Cops tummies

Alpha

NORTHRIDGE, CALIFORNIA -- There were two problems with the feast delivered to officers at the Devonshire Police Station on Friday afternoon: Pizza and barbecue aren't the best match -- and nobody at the station had ordered food.

The station, the apparent butt of a practical joke, received the food after somebody identifying himself as "Officer O'Neil" ordered $400 worth of barbecue meat, salads and bread from the Outdoor Grill and $150 in pizza from Pizza Pazza to be delivered to the station.

Officer O'Neil doesn't exist, but there were plenty of hungry officers to take his place. And both restaurants donated the food to the station, creating an impromptu party, Devonshire Capt. Joseph Curreri said.

"There was too much food. The pizza, we shared that with a local fire station."

David Sainoz, manager of the Outdoor Grill, said the restaurant usually requires a credit- card number for such large orders, but figured that an order delivered to a police station wouldn't be a problem. "My boss took the order to the police station, and what a surprise. It was kind of strange."

The Police Department filed a crime report for the pranks, but Curreri said it would be difficult to trace the perpetrator through phone records because restaurants get so many lunchtime calls.

"This is the first time that has happened in the seven-plus years that I've been here," Curreri said. "It could be somebody that just bailed out of jail and is upset with us and wanted to stiff us with a large bill, and it could be somebody upset with the restaurants, or it could be kids just fooling around.

"We wanted to thank both of those establishments for their generosity in donating the food, and we want to get the word out to other establishments in our area: It's probably a good thing to verify large orders like this."

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :P:D

What a great name, I would have went with Officer Johnson or Officer Smith. I wonder what kind of pizza it was, I'm hungry.

I just noticed that the topic title has "tummies" in it. What are we 10 years old?

What do you want me to do? They used the same word in the news article. <_>

I don't know, maybe not use what the article used and be a little creative. <_< For example "Prank backfires and provides cops with a tasty meal." Not exactly creative but it didn't use the word "tummy."