Kutagari Says PS3 will be Expensive

I remember reading that the PS3 would debut for around $400-450 and they'll be taking around a $75-100 hit on each system. But I'm afraid that number is just a low estimate.

If the games and the system are that much I think I'll wait for PS5 to come out before buying 3.

If it's more than $150 the price of an Xbox 360, I'd be willing to lay bets that Sony gets stomped this time around.

Alot of gamers out there tend to #1 Go for what comes out first #2 Go for what is relatively cheaper if 2 systems come out near eachother #3 Gag at systems that cost more than $400.......I know I do

I think Sony is relying too much on the Sony fanboys which I think is a bad idea. Unless the PS3 offers a lot more than the XBOX 360 then people will not want to pay.

However, if you do think of it the PS3 is a BlueRay player which would cost a good $200-$300 at launch by itself.

Yeah, the only problem with that is nobody friggin cares. It's not like Blu-ray is going to take over the DVD standard, Sony may think so but it ain't gonna happen.

Your avg consumer doesn't care, and your avg consumer that will buy a video game console isn't on the "up and up" when it comes to technology, they just want to play the pretty looking new games.

It's us here........and other places, that have more insight into these things. 70% of people buying these systems aren't interested in the technical side, and 50% of that 70% I bet don't own a PC or at the very least, don't make a habit of being on it long enough to come places like here or other gaming sites.

i think the first system to be released will make more money , but thats just wat i think.... i want to get a ps3 cause they have all the games i want , dmc4 and the ff series

but other than that thats all i have to say

Everyone around my school (that isn't in a computer class) usually comes to me for gaming news and suggestions on which system to buy. Just today I was at a friends house and 3 people came up to me asking PS3 or 360? This world is getting lazy >.<. Something I slowly am learning to control. I think >.>.

Everyone around my school (that isn't in a computer class) usually comes to me for gaming news and suggestions on which system to buy. Just today I was at a friends house and 3 people came up to me asking PS3 or 360? This world is getting lazy >.<. Something I slowly am learning to control. I think >.>.

why do they have to ask you about what console "they" want to get ? lol.. if you cant chose by yourself i guess you shouldnt get either

why do they have to ask you about what console "they" want to get ? lol.. if you cant chose by yourself i guess you shouldn't get either

Thats why I said people are getting lazy >.>. They come to me, I don't do anything else besides answer them in my opinion.

O use the spell checker you mispelled shouldn't.

I hate console wars. I just want to get those console out and give each of them a swing. Granted, the Ps3 will cost a lot thnks to the hardware components it has, but Sony has to drop the price eventually. I didn't even buy my PS2 at launch.

What was PS2's european launch date btw?