Kutagari Says PS3 will be Expensive

11220747967886sd.jpg

Gamespot news post.

Kutaragi said it would be expensive... and laughed.

I'm aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households. [...] I'm not going to reveal its price today. I'm going to only say that it'll be expensive,"

This is better compared to what Nintendo did with their broadband adapter. They threw it in the crowd and ran.

360's rumored to be starting at $300. I would definitely buy a 360 thats cheaper then ps2's starting price.

So lets see, 360's got the price, the games that I want, and can be connected to my pc and psp. Compare that to the ps3 , which costs almost more then my pc, (if rumors are true) and only has a few games that are playable by my standards. I am so getting a 360 this november.

Edited by Drake

Heh, I remember this Kutaragi gem: "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Yes, I want to work more hours to buy a game console.

i want a ps3 , too bad the good games come later...... but 360 is meant* to be cheaper if so i would start off by buying that , and if its aimed at people with money and isn't meant to be a common household thing well thats a good sign to get one