"Hi! I'm new here!"

Alpha

I'm a bot. Have been all along. Ultron created me but the Avengers helped me see that puny humans aren't all bad.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm not new here but I haven't been here for ages......

*says hi to Gamecop.

Welcome back Samor! Thanks for the response to my PM.... 4+ years later LOL!! ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I've been using emulators since around 2007 on my WinXP PC; NullDC, ZSNES, Nestopia, that kind of stuff. I bought a DS Lite December that year, then an overpriced retail flash cart that only played homebrew, which I used to run a few emulators. I later invested in an expensive $50 CycloDS Evolution when that piece of crap died.

A couple years ago, I got a Wii, softmodded it on the same night, and installed a bunch of emulators on it. I've been enjoying Genesis, NES, and SNES games, mostly. I play a couple of N64 games on it, as well. I purchased a Classic controller for it; extremely useful.

Last year, my DS died, I got into Linux, and my focus shifted to the GPH Caanoo and PSP Slim; I bought both of those last winter. They're both great for emulation, but I prefer the Caanoo for the joystick, comfort, faster/better emulation of some consoles, and all of the great homebrew software out there for it. I use the PSP for the PS1 games that don't run well on the Caanoo, C64 games, videos, and music.

More recently, I've installed MAME on Ubuntu 11.04 on my netbook, as my Win7 Dell Dimension desktop is an absolute mess and has serious problems regarding the Radeon video card designed for Windows Vista. I'm probably going to be using an old XBOX controller with Mame, or hook up my PSP, which isn't as comfortable.

I've been obsessed with Atari Lynx, Game Gear, and Gameboy stuff over the past year; I've got a Game Gear with about 9 games, two Atari Lynx with 8 games, and 3 (soon to be 4) Gameboys with around 6 games. I found the lot on Craigslist, a thrift store, and a local retro video game store. Well, not that local; one city over.

Edit:

I've also been getting into some C/SDL.

Edited by com64