New PSP section in Future EMU

Should the PSP have it's own section in Future Emulation?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With all the developments coming out daily with the psp, I've noticed that the handheld section is pretty weak for going with PSP questions or getting info. I was wondering what everyone else thought about giving the PSP a section alongside XBOX Emultion, etc in "Future Emulation"?

This is everything regarding emulation FOR the psp (not PSP emulation on the PC).

Your feedback appreciated.

I think we should have sections by brand. Like Nintendo would be all Nintendo. Atleast for the old school emulation sections. For the next gen stuff it can be divided by each individual system. I don't get the point of having all systems separate. It's not like we get that many threads about them here.

I think we should have sections by brand. Like Nintendo would be all Nintendo. Atleast for the old school emulation sections. For the next gen stuff it can be divided by each individual system. I don't get the point of having all systems separate. It's not like we get that many threads about them here.

exactly

then each section will have their fanboy

exactly

then each section will have their fanboy

The intent of the this proposed section is not to weed out or even encourage the fanboy gayness. It's not about how great the PSP is or how Sony sucks or how Nintendo DS owns or sucks. There are several emulators available for the PSP and a lot of applications, etc along with customization abilities. I think a lot of people that have PSP's are going elsewhere with their questions and information and the point would be to bring those people back here to become contributors.

The only negative I can think of for doing this would be the countless "ISO" requests or "how to run Retail" requests, etc. So this alone may be a reason NOT to do this because it WILL happen. It would definately require a lot of supervision. So perhaps the bad outweighs the good.

I dunno.

I've suggested the above on several occasions. There is too much clutter and disorganization by having just a "Handhelds" forum for instance, there isn't just one or two handhelds.......hell Nintendo has the Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and the DS alone.....think of all the others.

Then theres the others. Theres a Dreamcast and Genesis forum, but what about Master System and Saturn?

Manufacturer reorganization is a necessity.

Sega > Subforums

Master System

Genesis

Game Gear

Saturn

Dreamcast

Nintendo > Subforums

NES

SNES

Gameboy

Blah Blah you get the idea

This would reduce the number of forums on the main index as well, which is quite a frickin cluster f**k of a mess IMO.

As for it being emulation FOR the PSP, thats irellevant. Both on the PSP and PSP on the PC, would go in the same forum, just like everything else.

As for Future Emulation, I believe all 3 current systems in that forum area need to be moved. They are all emulated, and running at least 1 commercial game on a given emulator. Putting the PSP in there would be a fitting move though, it's not emulated yet......

Yes i think it deserves its own forum , the handheld section , plus im kinda tired going to psphacker forums. I actually know alot about psp emulation , haha maybe i could help out

i think it deserves its own section and also a revamp is needed for the so called future consoles as they are now not "future" or at least put them under consoles and leave future emulation for the upcoming consoles (ps3, xbox360, revolution).

I don't think the current consoles should be taken out of the Future Emulation or whatever it's called. I don't think they should be removed till each system has atleast one emulator that emulates games close to perfectly. We're pretty far from that right now and the next gen systems haven't even been released it. It would be very premature (and very stupid, in my honest opinion) to move those now.