Nintendo Revolution - Already Beaten

It has been proven that you don't need to use them all at once. Hell, it was poven a long time ago that all you need is a joystick and maybe a button. But it's stupid of Nintendo at that time to create a controller in which you aren't able to use all of the buttons at once. This is why the PS2 controller is the controller that everyone agrees was really good, and that the N64 controller is the controller that could use a lot of work.

i still personly think the ps2 controler is a piece of crap. I would have laughed if they did the same out of date controler again for the ps3.. but then again they made that batarang which made me laugh even harder.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that even matter for a system that doesn't support HDTV happy.gif?

yes... trust me Anti-Aliasing makes a whole lot of difference. Im sure lots of ps2 games would look a bit better if it was able to be used. I remeber when sony annouced no anti-aliasing the makers of oddworld droped its plans of making games for it on the spot and im sure other devs felt pretty strong about it as well.

Well... It might make a BIT of difference... But not enough to actually use it.

I can't understand them not using AA. Whatever clarity or added detailed that would be gained by using it, would be destroyed by the TVs blurry display.

yes... trust me Anti-Aliasing makes a whole lot of difference. Im sure lots of ps2 games would look a bit better if it was able to be used. I remeber when sony annouced no anti-aliasing the makers of oddworld droped its plans of making games for it on the spot and im sure other devs felt pretty strong about it as well.

I can't understand them not using AA. Whatever clarity or added detailed that would be gained by using it, would be destroyed by the TVs blurry display.

i dont know how blury your tv is but i can deviently see jagged pollys caused by no AA. Take a game for the xbox and ps2 and compare the edges.

On the controller subject, i found the n64 controller quite nice. It has some heft to it and the joystick has a better feel than the little PS "mushrooms". Also, the Saturn controller remains the ultimate for fighters, with six face buttons.

QUOTE(Nusumenai @ Jul 16 2005, 01:39 AM)

QUOTE(nagmine @ Jul 15 2005, 02:04 AM)

i dont know how blury your tv is but i can deviently see jagged pollys caused by no AA. Take a game for the xbox and ps2 and compare the edges.

I personally do see the effects of no anti-aliasing on ps2, in part because i play hooked up to a PC monitor with my face around 2ft away from the screen. However, i will submit to anyone to find a better looking game in terms of speed, effects and total immersion than Zone of the Enders - Second Runner on PS2, which shows that the system can put out highly advanced lighting and texture effects.

I, personally, don't care if it supports anti-aliasing or not. Honestly, I don't even want a new wave of systems coming out. I'm happy with my PS2 and Gamecube. Hell, I was happy with the SNES. I don't like spending my money on new systems every 4 years. Everything's too expencive when it comes to gaming. I mean, two new games will usually come to $100. Anyone else find that kinda rediculous?

Horray for tangents.

I, personally, don't care if it supports anti-aliasing or not. Honestly, I don't even want a new wave of systems coming out. I'm happy with my PS2 and Gamecube. Hell, I was happy with the SNES. I don't like spending my money on new systems every 4 years. Everything's too expencive when it comes to gaming. I mean, two new games will usually come to $100. Anyone else find that kinda rediculous?

Horray for tangents.

Ha! It's even worse for us PC gamers. <_<

But I liked the N64 controller a lot. Also, even though the PS3 controller looks ridiculous, I'm sure it will be a comfortable because I've held a controller like that before.

Xbox supports HDTV...

Anyhow, the best way to test what I'm saying is... Run your computer desktop of TV-OUT...

That should tell you everything.

Also, if you ran PS2, Xbox, Gamecube off your monitor you would see what console games really look like... It's not pretty.