What game do you think has the best storyline?

Diso

The Shemue series for me. Though I never got through all of the first, Shenmue II had me pretty hooked. People can say what they want about tedious gameplay, but it never bothered me, because I always wanted to see how the next few moments afterwards would go. I miss the game now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shemue series for me. Though I never got through all of the first, Shenmue II had me pretty hooked. People can say what they want about tedious gameplay, but it never bothered me, because I always wanted to see how the next few moments afterwards would go. I miss the game now.

Ditto that. I still remember the experience of playing Shenmue 1.

It really give me the urge to go and experience a normal Japanese life. Very well done by SEGA. It is sad that they make a horrible rendition of Hong Kong on Shenmue 2 (although they redeem themselves by giving quite accurate picture of Guilin, CHina.)

Only fighters don't need stories, otherwise imo they are one of the main ingredients if you want to play something mature and come away with something meaningful. Using Street Fighter as an argument doesn't make sense.

Shenmue is so crap, sadly its one of the games I actually bought.

My vote goes for MGS series, Xenogears and FF7.

I want my stories to have plot twist, not that I mind general run-of-the-mill save the world stories... MGS has cool stories, so what if they're a *bit* far-fetched. :D

If fighters don't need plots, then why did i really enjoy the KOF plot?

Because SNK/Playmore/Eolith actually tried to make a good story to carry the KOF franchise instead of making a luke-warm "sort-of-story" to justify some guys fighting it out.