Hey guys

I could really use a hand. I had Chankast (the newest ver) running Marvel vs Capcom 2 just yesterday, no problem. Today, I mounted the image using Deamon Tools, set the drive, and went to play, but all I get is an infinite loop at the "Enter Date/Time" screen. All other games now do the same thing. It was JUST WORKING! :censored:

I tried re-installing Chankast and re-formating the VMUs, but no luck.

Any ideas? Very frustrating.....

Thanks

Do NOT change the date/time from the default value [11/271998 00:00].Chankast doesn't emulate the Dreamcast RTC correctly and will go to an infinite loop if the values are changed. I said this in another Chankast thread, but I guess it's time for me to make a sticky/help about Chankast and ePSXe respectively.

I didn't touch the date/time. It prompts me for it twice, then loads the Dreamcast main menu. If I hit "Play", it re-starts the loop. I know my bios aren't bad...it was working fine before.

Well, for some reason that changed the dreamcast swirl to red instead of blue, but other than that, no change. Same infinite loop.

I have tried using both CD-Rom settings also (xxx and the other one), and still nothing.

"Help me Agozer-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"

The blue swirl is for PAL Dreamcasts and the red is for NTSC.

To be quite honest, I don't understand it either. I was able to reproduce the problem you had (and every other guy), and I just couldn't figure what the problem was.

So as the final measure, I overwrote my Dc_bios.bin and Dc_flash.bin with the ones I had as backup. My swirl turned blue and it asked for the time/date only once (you can guess that the emulator will loop the BIOS screen if it asks you to set the date/time twice). Then it put me to the BIOS screen. I selected Play, and voila, my Ikaruga ran.

EDIT: After doing some testing, I believe I have a magical Dc_flash.bin backup that makes the emulator work right. If I delete that Dc_flash.bin, my swirl turns red, and asks to set the date/time everytime I start the emulator...

Truly baffling. Well, I could put my Dc_flash.bin up for download, since it isn't the BIOS itself.

Check out my sites for greatest justice of all [/plug]

That would be great if you could post the dc_flash file.

My only guess is that the bios file somehow became corrupted.

Does the emu write directly into the bios file?

Would setting it to "Read Only" change anything?

I dunno.......just brainstorming.

But thanks for the help....I download that file as soon as it is up and let you know.

Well, the Dc_flash.bin that Chankast creates somehow screws up the whole boot process... I don't know why it does that. Need to look into it.

The emulator doesn't write anything to the BIOS itself, it just saves the BIOS settings to the flash file.

btw, the file is up. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

:censored:

Got it! Guess you were right, the flash created by Chankast is faulty. Once I copied your flash.bin in, I set it to "Read Only" so it can't become corrupted again.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate it

I'm glad it worked out.

You don't really have to put it 'Read-Only', since Chankast writes to it just fine. Problems arise only if Chankast creates that file.