Work in progress

doublec

Thanks Normmatt, I also noticed the pF, p15 thing. It does indeed look odd.

Darcs makes the processing of applying patches from other people very easy so I'm keen to get any input from any other developers. I'm hoping this 'work in progress' thread will give others ideas of what I'm working on or a chance to say 'hey, I can do that'.

Or if, in using DSEmu, you see something not quite right, feel free to hack the source and send a patch.

I keep the darcs repository updated quite often on what I'm working on so doing a 'darcs pull' regularly will show what I've submitted.

On the 'bad news' side, my PC died last night. Hopefully it's just the power supply and I can pick up a new one in a few days and get back into it. So no DSemu updates for at least a few days.

Hmm, DSEmu development seems to be bad for the PC :P

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an omen! You should cease development immediately!

Then again, it could also mean that you leave your computer on too much and you got a crappy power supply. I'm hoping mine will hold up running 24/7 for at least 4 more years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've updated the darcs repository with some new patches. These include X/Y key support contributed by Normmatt, partial FIFO support, some key handling fixes and GBA support re-enabled. Although the latter probably does not work, it's re-enabled for others to work on. When FIFO support is completed I'll release 0.4.7, including any other patches for other contributers.

FIFO support is completed and added to the darcs repository. There are a few bugs I want to try and stamp out and then 0.4.7 will be released. Some of the E3 demos run further now, but it looks like the hardware divide and squareroot registers may need to be implemented to get them further along. I tested a couple of GBA demo's with the recently re-added GBA support and they worked fine.

FIFO support is completed and added to the darcs repository. There are a few bugs I want to try and stamp out and then 0.4.7 will be released. Some of the E3 demos run further now, but it looks like the hardware divide and squareroot registers may need to be implemented to get them further along. I tested a couple of GBA demo's with the recently re-added GBA support and they worked fine.

If you're interested in, I caan look at the square root and divider accelerator

I've already had a look at it, I just need to figure somthing out, and I think it'll be complete

The integer square root do not exist in C or C++ library. My first idea was to convert it to double, do the square root ad convert it back. but the conversion of a int64 to double can cause loss of data.

For now, i'm using this solution, knowing that it's both inaccurate and slow to execute.

I've made small test apps with libnds that just display the result of some division and square root. I'm just waiting my flash linker to validate the result of the emulator.

//EDIT : I've send a patch to doublec

Edited by crazyjul