dvd prob

i just bought a dvd-burner by hp invent, so my brother decided 2 see if he could get his movie 2 play in his built in dvd car player but it won't play-an the thing is that its

a selfmade dvd-r video disc so at first i thought it was a region thing but it think not,because when i place the disc in my burner it shows the converted dvd files on it-the same thing it shows when i convert 1 of my anime's like (NARUTO)-InuYasha 2 dvd format 2 watch on my home dvd player.i think his car player brand name is JVC.

is there any1 with info or something i could go about helping him.thanks

Make sure to look up/in the manual regarding supported media and formats. Maybe the drive doesn't support -R and only supports +R, or maybe you're burning the disc in an unsupported method.

When all else fails........RTFM :thumbsup1:

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure to look up/in the manual regarding supported media and formats. Maybe the drive doesn't support -R and only supports +R, or maybe you're burning the disc in an unsupported method.

When all else fails........RTFM :P

Definately check the media you are using, last I checked HP and Philips were +R people only...and +R most likely wouldn't play in a car dvd player, I know it didn't play in my friend's dad's SUV