ePSXe Input Issues

Can someone give me a hand?

I can't seem to get any of my keyboard keys to register with ePSX. I have set the keys in the 'Config' menu, and "ESC" still exits the emu, but nothing else registers.

I would use a USB pad, but I have an X-Arcade with the buttons already mapped to keyboard keys...it has worked perfectly with every other emu.

Thanks in advance....

Of course, I even tried downloading a few "keyboard plugins" from PSX emu sites, but I can't find a place in the program to set/configure them.

ePSXe doesn't allow the use of 3rd-part controller plugins. Which I can understand since the built-in one works better than most plugins... for most people.

So let me get this straight then: You go to Config --> Pad 1. Does the your keyboard/ePSXe even register key presses when you set them in ePSXe?

Yes it does. But when I start the emulation, nothing responds except for the "ESC" key to exit the program.

I am using USB interface for both my keyboard and my X-Arcade, but I really don't think that should affect it.

/Stumped...

I'm just airing my brain here, but I'm starting to think that maybe the X-Arcade might interfere some how. Have you tried configuring the pads just for the X-Arcade and not the keyboard? Is 'Digital Only' selected?

X-Arcade works as a second keyboard, with each key/direction mapped to a keyboard key. So that way, there are no compatibility issues. So setting the X-Arcade individually would be impossible.

Personally, I don't think X-Arcade has anything to do with it, seeing as the keyboard itself is not responding.

But hey, like I said, I'm stumped...

Just in case anyone else had this problem, I figured it out. You simply CAN NOT MAP ENTER to any of the keys. Hitting 'enter' resets the setup.

Thanks for the help

• 4 years later...