War of the Worlds

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to watch it this weekend. I hear many good things about it. A lot of people are complaining about the ending but I decided to find out even though it was a spoiler and it's the exact same as the novel.

Same as the novel. So personally, allegories aside, the story didn't keep me all that rivetted.

Effects are good, the scene at the dock is brilliant. But besides that directing isn't anything wonderful, as mentioned the ending comes too quickly and pretty much sucks, and the children both make you want to kill them.

Keep those in mind. It's a good movie, but should have been better.

Bore of the Worlds, more like it. There's a very thick line between hardcore and mainstream/cliche'd crap, but this movie managed to dig through it.

In the beginning, it looked like it might be good, so I keep watching, I even watch until the end because it seems like something's supposed to happen, but nothing happens. They keep doing the same thing until the last two minutes, where all of a sudden everything's okay again. The ending is SO bad, that I kind of wanted to run away from it.

It's fairly average until then, so I won't say it was a complete waste of my money. And I got some popcorn while I was there, I suppose that was good, too.

This movie get's a 2 out of 5.

"Why is everyone running toward the movie?!"

The movie was logical in the end. I mean wtf was supposed to happen? Tom cruise busts out with a cap and become incerdi-boy? What they were supposed to play a cheesey type ending with fancy music saying how good we prevaild? STFU NOOBS, or what we were all supposed to just die in the end, yeah thats real nice, great war in iraq movie. flock originality, we aint got time for that shyt.

just watched it in a moviehaus recently, im not convinced with the ending though.. :P

What everyone needs to keep in mind, is that this was originally a spontaneous radio broadcast in 1938 that had people freaking out, it wasn't until the next day that it was revealed a hoax and became a "show". Find the original broadcast somewhere, I've seen it on a couple torrent sites.

I haven't even seen the movie yet, and I know it's gotta be pretty decent. I think alot of people expect far too much out of a movie these days. Some of the best movies I've watched were low-budget movies with cheap ass special effects but had a decent story.

What everyone needs to keep in mind, is that this was originally a spontaneous radio broadcast in 1938 that had people freaking out, it wasn't until the next day that it was revealed a hoax and became a "show". Find the original broadcast somewhere, I've seen it on a couple torrent sites.

I haven't even seen the movie yet, and I know it's gotta be pretty decent. I think alot of people expect far too much out of a movie these days. Some of the best movies I've watched were low-budget movies with cheap ass special effects but had a decent story.

yeah, it's by Orson Wells I think

This movie has really expensive special effects and a horrible story. I don't really expect too much from a movie, Redneck Zombies was an enjoyable experience for me, because at least that was funny.

Spoilers!

Story: Man and his two children run from giant alien war machines that have been hidden underground forever. Meets a couple minor characters that have no real impact on the story, son dies in a huge explosion, meets another minor character who has at least some impact on the story, they finally reach Boston.

And then in the end, the aliens die from disease (which isn't actually explained 'til a monologue after the movie), there's no impressive counterstrike or vengeance for earth's destruction, they just die from being here. The man gets reunited with his divorced wife and son (the dead one), who have avoided any damage by hiding deep in a plot hole.