Tom Cruise, uneducated scientologist. Believe it?

Alpha

If you haven't noticed Tom Cruise everywhere on the news, I don't know what to say. Every channel you turn to, "Tom Cruise and Scientology". Tom Cruise was once on my top 10 actors list; he completely got himself thrown off it.

In a Interview with CBS news regarding drugs to resolve mental unbalances (moreover depression)..

Cagle: And yet some people have said they've taken them for a while, and then they've gotten off them, and it's helped them through a rough time.

Cruise: Jess, it's a point of, you look at something and you go OK. I've been on the other side of that, when people's lives have been torn apart, where you talk about suicides, where we're looking at now Ritalin is street drug; it's a study drug, because it's an amphetamine. Look, you don't have to believe me. I'm just saying, look at the data and where does that data come from? Now you need to evaluate" What is help, Jess? Is "help" that that person will sit there quiet? Did you really get to the root of the problem?

Wednesday, Cagle will have part two of his conversation with Cruise, when they'll discuss his other great passion: movie making and "War of the Worlds."

Then in an interview with Matt Lauer, Tom Cruise shot out like a ram. He didn't even let Matt prove his points. Not only that, Tom had nothing to prove with. His education is so minimal, it's as if a brainwashed child is talking on television.

story.cruise.lauer.jpg

Lauer: Katie has mentioned that she is embracing, or at least exposing herself and opening herself up to, Scientology.  At this stage in your life, could you be with someone who doesn't have an interest?

Cruise: You know, Scientology is something that you don't understand.  It's like, you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist, okay. Scientology is something—

Lauer: So, it doesn't replace religion.

Cruise: It is a religion.  Because it's dealing with the spirit. You as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life.

Cruise: Matt, you have to understand this.  Here we are today, where I talk out against drugs and psychiatric abuses of electric shocking people, okay, against their will, of drugging children with them not knowing the effects of these drugs.  Do you know what Aderol is?  Do you know Ritalin?  Do you know now that Ritalin is a street drug?  Do you understand that?

Lauer: The difference is —

Cruise: No, no, Matt.

Lauer: This wasn't against her will, though.

Cruise: Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt —

Lauer: But this wasn't against her will.

Cruise: Matt, I'm asking you a question.

Lauer: I understand there's abuse of all of these things.

Cruise: No, you see.  Here's the problem.  You don't know the history of psychiatry.  I do.

Lauer: Aren't there examples, and might not Brooke Shields be an example, of someone who benefited from one of those drugs?

Cruise: And you should. And you should do that also. Because just knowing people who are on Ritalin isn't enough. You should be a little bit more responsible in knowing really —

Lauer: I'm not prescribing Ritalin, Tom.  And I'm not asking anyone else to do it.  I'm simply saying, I know some people who seem to have been helped by it.

Lauer: You're telling me what's worked for people I know or hasn't worked for people I know.  I'm telling you, I’ve lived with these people and they're better.

Cruise: So, you're advocating it.

Lauer: I am not.  I'm telling you in their case, in their individual case, it worked.  I am not gonna go out and say, "Get your kids on Ritalin.  It's the cure-all and the end-all."

Lauer: Let me take this more general, because I think you and I can go around in circles on this for awhile.  And I respect your opinion. Do you want more people to understand Scientology?  Would that be a goal of yours?

Cruise: You know what?  Absolutely.  Of course, you know. 

Credits: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/

Lastly, from Entertainment Weekly...

cruise7ld.png

What do you guys think about this, do any of you believe in Scientology or agree with Cruise? You can clearly see how his view points or mostly based on circulated opinion over the years, not by fact.

I have also found some links of victims from scientology and advocates of it for you to look at..

http://www.raids.org/ [scientology® Raided Around The World]

http://www.scientology-kills.org/ [scientology Kills]

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/ars.htm [Ex-Member of Scientology]

http://www.scientology.org.uk/ [scientology in the UK]

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8057_1.html [beliefs of Scientology]

GameCop, why are you bringing this up? You're a jerk....you.....you're a jerk....thats incredibly rude...why would you do something like that? :P

Yeah, he's wrong. It's really funny when he makes an ass out of himself. It's a pity that this is major news though. But always keep this in mind, at the end of the day he's the one flocking Katie Holmes.

Yeah...I would have liked Tom better if he just shut his trap. But he's feels compelled to spread the word if you will. The Church of Scientology I'm sure is pleased with someone as high proflile as Tom Cruise spoutin there bull****. Check out the wiki page here for there beliefs...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

John Travolta is a scientology follower too...go figure!!

You think his agent would have some words with him -- although then he might get fired :P

I used to kinda like him -- Top Gun and all :clapping:

But he's really turning psycho. I agree that drugs are overused and do cover up problems and stuff, but his whole approach is uncalled for.

I want to join a religion startd by a BAD SCI FI AUTHOR!

i did not understand what he just said but i don't like him that much anyway

:P to me he is no longer any different than those bullshiit christian and islamic fundamentalists that think everything is against them, and that their belief if supreme and all should follow

Tom is much lower though, especially with such bs things he's been talking about

Scientology is brainwashing under another name and like most secret cults i want nothing to do with it.

As for Tom Cruise to me he is no more important than anyone else, and what he says or does is of no consequence, and I never watch his interviews in fact i wouldn't even know if ever had an interview. That's how much i care about him.