GeForce 7800 GTX

I know the video card market has been going like this for years now, but this is just plain pi$sing me off now.

nVidia Page

Review

First off everytime I want to upgrade and scrounge around money, a new card is released and I put off upgrading. I'm making do with a dodgey 5200 atm, and after reading this, I just think upgrading is now a waste of money moreso that it has ever been before, and probably won't end up upgrading at all.

Also, just when I was getting excited about how nice PS3 graphics will be, it's likely that this 7800 was the card used to show off those nice graphics in the first place-

Gamespot thing about E3 PS2

And this is a year before launch. Ergh. This has all just really disillusioned me.

Again- I know this has all happened before, but this time it annoyed me and so I needed to rant. Bottom line is I can't afford to upgrade for a while, and won't get a PS3 for ages after it launches, and so by that time I'm going to be so jaded with the whole graphics thing that I'll probably be put off games altogether. ARGHH.

Haha, yeah it sucks. But I'm used to it and don't really care that much about it anymore. I'll upgrade when the next generation comes out and maybe get a 6800GT to fill the gap when the price gets bumped down because of these new ones.

Keep in mind that 7800GTX is the top of the line one (they might release a 512 mb Ultra version) so they will release two lesser versions which will be less expensive. Hopefully that will bump down the 6800 series.

The bad thing is that noone ever gets to fully utilize these cards because of other bottlenecks and newer technologly always coming out too soon. If games were made solely and optimized for the top of the line PCs, they would be almost on par with the next gen stuff shown during E3.

Also, don't worry, ATI will be rolling out with the R520 in the next two months and nVidia will release another version of their card to compete with it.

This card is possibly the best nVidia card since the GeForce 4 line. Low power consumpsion, albit more horse power over ATi's current line and best of all, single slot solution. Down side is that it's currently PCI-E only right now and for quite a while possibly. I falsely hope for a AGP8x version just because, theres still a demand for it.

Disappointed with the FX line for being crap and the 6x00 line for using up a shietload of power, nVidia has won me back for now.

Don't get me wrong, I liek ATi and all but the X-hundread series was just a huge let down imo.

And your too slow to upgrade. Always go for the previous generation (like right now, example: take the lesser AMD 939 and up to 2 gens back in video cards, imo i'd go with nVidia on this one because it's cheaper then ATi's cards atm). AMD phased out the 754 pins and here I am going to buy the 3700+ to replace my 3200+ in just a few days.

Haha, and my friend thought he was the crap in town with his 6800

Myself, I just recently upgraded from an ASUS GeForce 2 MX 32 to a ASUS GeForce N6200 128 for like 50 bucks. Nice upgrade...had my GF2 for a little over 2 years. I also recently upgraded the ram from 384MB DDR 266 to 1GIG DDR 333 with a 512 that's Hyper-X. Next upgrade will be a new mobo, hopefully an Athlon 64

I cannot use this card anyway. As it seems it does not use the standard monitor connection. Which It wont work on my old DELL :lol:..

But I do find them better than ATI. Had heaps of problems with them.

Games crash etc.

If it can work on my current monitor then I will get one Since I only have the GeForce 5600 which has been great except for the GPU fan.

I cannot use this card anyway. As it seems it does not use the standard monitor connection.  Which It wont work on my old DELL  :lol:..

But I do find them better than ATI. Had heaps of problems with them.

Games crash etc.

If it can work on my current monitor then I will get one Since I only have the GeForce 5600 which has been great except for the GPU fan.

comes with VGA to DVI adapted. ATi and nVidia have been slowly phasing out VGA for the new DVI, which makes a difference with monitors with DVI connections.

comes with VGA to DVI adapted. ATi and nVidia have been slowly phasing out VGA for the new DVI, which makes a difference with monitors with DVI connections.

The 7800 cards I have seen so far only have daul DVI no VGA.

maybe I missing something here ?

james i'm sure they'll include dvi to vga adapters as my current 6800 ultra also only comes with dvi outputs but came with 2 dvi to vga adapters :lol:

yea it sucks when something new comes out as you buy what was the latest (case point with me getting the 6800 ultra now from the step-up option) but i'm still happy with what i got as it will do for whats currently out tho its good to see them using single slot cards again.

The 7800 cards I have seen so far only have daul DVI no VGA.

maybe I missing something here ?

It comes with 2 DVD to VGA adaptors as Prican has mentioned.

Go to the bottom: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...100#DetailSpecs