SNK vs Capcom Chaos (How Can I Play It?)

I've been seeking help from Emuparadise on this matter, but haven't gotten any helpful info yet.

I've downloaded SVCChaos from <Edited out> (I believe that's where I got them) but I can't figure out which Emulator can run them, or how.

I've heard there are packaged zips that contain the rom and a hacked emulator with it, but Googling proved to be very tedious.

I have a version of NeoRageX (EGCG) that has SVC Chaos (and a couple variants) listed, but it doesn't recognize any of the zips I have.

I have a version of MAME32 that ALSO has the game in its list, but doesn't recognize any of my files.

I have these zip files:

svcchaos

svcchaosa

svcplus

svcplusa

And none of them seem to work on any of my emulators. Do I need a specific version of an emulator that I don't have?

If someone could direct me to a thread that can help me or a name of an emulator so I can search...anything...it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to play this game, as I'm a big fan of cross-over fighters, and this one seems to be very nice.

Mod's edit: Do not mention where you got the ROM.

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

svcchaos and svcchaosa are encrypted sets, meaning that you can't get them to run in NeoRAGEx. svcplus works in NeoRAGEx (EGCG), and it's a decrypted set.

However, svcplus is quite buggy since it's a bootleg. You can find fixes here.

On a sidenote, There are a few MVS carts available that claim to have 41 characters. Which Rom is this and what are the extra characters?

I've never heard about this... All I know is that basic characters + hidden characters + bosses != 41.

On a sidenote, There are a few MVS carts available that claim to have 41 characters. Which Rom is this and what are the extra characters?

I've never heard about this... All I know is that basic characters + hidden characters + bosses != 41.

Is there a roster that I can verify this with? Just want to make sure that 41 is the total if everything is unlocked/playable.

Is there a roster that I can verify this with? Just want to make sure that 41 is the total if everything is unlocked/playable.

Well, last time I checked, GameFAQs has a movelist made by the late Kao Megura that should have lists for all characters. I still say there isn't 41 of them.

Here you go strait from teh makers:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/eng.../chara_top.html