FF9 : Can it be finished?

Max

I turned off both the options and I still get the GWL error. I tried lowering the effecrs a lot on the 1st OpenGL and all I got was worse colors and the same slowdown.

Yeah the video card is craptacular. Got the comp as a package and loved the specs but have no knowledge of 3D cards so got kind of screwed. Eitherway all of my gaming (on the PC) is emu related and I have zero interest in PC games so a purchase of a new card would be kind of a waste (FF9 is actually the only game I haven't been able to run due to lack of power).

I remembered just knw thta the OGL2 plugin uses shaders regardless of whether or not you have those shader options enabled.

What version of DirectX are you using anyways. Since you have so much rouble with even the basic plugins, head over to Zophar's Domain plugin page and test all the GPU plugins, exluding the Glide ones (since today's cards don't support Glide without wrappers). Still software plugins should be your best bet.

How can I check what version of DirectX I have? Whats the latest version of it currently out? Is it free to download?

All DirectX's are free. go to Start --> Run, type in "dxdiag" without the quotes and press Enter. If my memory serves me correct, Radeon 9200 SE only supports DirectX up to version 8. DirectX 9 has too many shader operations included to work properly with 9200s.

And those should be. However, and I'm not entirely sure, having DirectX9.0c while also having a video card that doesn't properly support it can lead to troubles. I'm just guessing so take it with a grain of salt.

The bad thing is that you can't uninstall DirectX or downgrade it. Well, you can, but you'll need a 3rd-party uninstaller.

Heh I'd rather not risk screwing up my system for 1 game.

Thanks for taking the time man, really appreciate it.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. Still, try out the plugins over at Zophar's, you might get lucky. Maybe you've answered this question already, but does the slowdown happen in every PSX game?

Yeah the slowdown occurs in every game when I use the OpenGL plugin. Normally I use the Peops Soft 1.17 plugin and have no complaints.

Edited by Max

Yeah the slowdown occurs in every game when I use the OpenGL plugin. Normally I use the Peops Soft 1.17 plugin and have no complaints.

Then use that, since that seems to be the only one working for you.