Ok so I decided to give one of the many image tools out there a try to see if they could fix some games I couldn't get to work for the life of me.

Oddly enough Super Mario Sunshine would only run off one of my slightly scuffed DVD+RWs, but not a brand new DVD+R.....super wierd!

Ran FSTFix on the image with NO options, just default settings. Burned it, BAM! Worked perfect.

Next up Super Monkey Ball 2, I wasted 2 friggin discs on this little bastard, and it wouldn't work on my RW like SMS did. Ran FSTFix on it with default options (None) and hey, no workie. Fine, so I wasted another disc, big deal. I'll give it a go with the "Align 32k" option enabled. Again, BAM! Works like a charm.

Obviously this tool works pretty well, but it'd be nice if it was able to detect whatever was wrong with the image and then fix it. That way you wouldn't waste ANY discs.

I'm going to attach the latest version of this program for anyone who wants it (v1.5f....I believe it's the latest)

If you're having DRE issues whereby your game won't even start, I REALLY reccomend giving this a shot. If you're having DRE issues other places or lockups, I can't say if this will help you, but you might as well try and see anyway.

FSTFix_v1.5f.rar

I've been using fstfix for quite a while, nice tool :(

Btw, have you tried using dvd-r's? Supposedly those are suppose to work better (though nothing but +r's work on mine :D)

I've been using fstfix for quite a while, nice tool :(

Btw, have you tried using dvd-r's?  Supposedly those are suppose to work better (though nothing but +r's work on mine :D)

Was considering it, but +Rs seem to work just fine for the most part. After using this on these 2 games, they work perfectly.

• 2 years later...
Hey

fstfix is not working for me, i start it up and it shuts down in a few seconds. Im using windows xp

It's a Windows command line program. Of course it is going to shut down if you don't give it any switches or anything to work with.

i've used Magic ISO and final burner. Final for files and magic for Images/ISOs, i havnt done games yet since i dont wanna mod out my GC, atm just doin it with my DS :blink:

Whats a bit interestin though is i have the GBA cartridge implant witch emulates GB, GBC and GBA. Which is cool :huh:

only thing is i dunno what i can do with it.. hmmm

anyone know is codebreaker GBA is useful to this?

Edited by Laos