Nintendo Rev.=Helmet?

Madi

PS3 HDTV exclusive? I doubt it, that would instantly sink it, seeing as 90% of people do not own HDTVs. Also making it a good move on Nintendo's part to keep costs down.

HDTV is still not a standard people, as it's FAR too expensive!

i own a plasma 108 cm and a 90 cm flatscreen btw , would i be able to play it then

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, after thinking about it. I REALLY hope the PS3 is only HDTV capable. Theres enough idiots out there who'll go out and buy an HDTV because of it, driving the cost of HDTVs down big time for the rest of us.

Rock on with the PS3tardation if thats the case!

You know, that would rock. I'll be finally be able to own my own HDTV for...less then it is now!

I'm trying to convice my parents to get either a DLP HDTV since they're redecorating the living room...I don't think they're listening.

I wouldn't either, not when I could buy a nice used car for the same fscking ammount of money!

well i think by the time ps3 is out, i'll have a hdtv as i'm planning to move out of the sh*t hole i'm living in by the end of this year and i'll be sure to buy a new tv for my new place.

i look at it this way: when ps2 came out, dvd players were still at high price item but since it had a dvd player, prices for dvd players started dropping in price that now you can own one for $40 bucks or less.

hdtv is still high in price but now with m$ and sony backing up hdtv, i'm sure the prices will go down as like what ps2 did with dvd players tho it will take some time since in this case, the tv isn't included hehe

well i think by the time ps3 is out, i'll have a hdtv as i'm planning to move out of the sh*t hole i'm living in by the end of this year and i'll be sure to buy a new tv for my new place.

i look at it this way: when ps2 came out, dvd players were still at high price item but since it had a dvd player, prices for dvd players started dropping in price that now you can own one for $40 bucks or less.

hdtv is still high in price but now with m$ and sony backing up hdtv, i'm sure the prices will go down as like what ps2 did with dvd players tho it will take some time since in this case, the tv isn't included hehe

I agree 100%. The availability of the PS2 as a cheap alternative to DVD players drove down the price in the entire market. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that hdtv-only output on ps3 or xbox360 would have the same effect on the HDTV monitor market. Rather, it would open up a market for cheap converter devices to interface your ps3 with your old analog tv.

The driving force behind hdtv sales is market demand. Currently there is very little market as HDTV just isn't a "must-have" appliance. What will change that is when the broadcast signals go all-HDTV. Until then its up to the tv manufacturers to put pressure on the tv broadcasters to make more HDTV-only content available in order to generate more interest in the technology. (shameless plug: see my blog below for my info on this)

You know, there was the thing about the Revolution not supporting HDTV.

I know the Gamecube supports Progressive Scan, 480p. Don't you think the Revolution will at least support that much? If so, whats with all the damn complaining I'm seeing all over the internet? Hell I bet 90% of the people whining don't even own an HDTV, and that 50% of those people don't even know what HDTV is!