Final Fantasy 8 ISO Help!

zeheero

i RECENTLY CONVERT MY 5 CDS OF FINAL FANASTY 8 INTO ISO. SO I INSTALL THE GAME USING DAMEON TOOL AND DRIVE. THE GAME DID INSTALL, BUT WHEN I START A NEW GAME THE GAME ASK ME TO PUT IN CD NUMBER 1 OF FINAL FANASTY 8. I MOUNTED THE ISO FOR DISK 1 WITH DAMEON TOOLS. SO THE QUESTION IS, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. IS MY COMPUTER NOT DETECTING THE VIRTURAL DRIVE THAT DAMEON TOOL CREATED. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I COULD POSSIBLLY TELL MY COMPUTER TO AUTO PLAY WITH THE VIRURAL CD DRIVE THE DAMEON TOOL CREATED. WHAT I MEAN IS, HOW DO I MAKE THE DAMEON VIRURAL DRIVE INTO MY PRIMARY DRIVE? HOW DO I SET IT? tHANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP

FIRST OF ALL : TURN CAPS LOCK OFF (what gc said)

Second of all: i dont know why im telling you but im so soft , ok make sure that the drive ur emu detect's is the drive that u mounted the image :( i bet thats wat u have done wrong....

or its a bad image be more straight forward ok..... and next time dont shout xP

Edited by suvo

Oh come on GC, some people have no clue in dealing with people on the forums.  It's a learning process =/...

Be Nice =P

No. There is NO EXCUSE for typing like that. Absolutely none. If you have to be taught that, then please leave the Internet.

Jesus...If I knew this was going to happen, I would have just turn off the caps off. I was not intentionally shouting at anyone, so sorry if i offend anyone here. I had the caps on because I thought it would be clear and easier for people to see what I wrote. Anyways, Its not really an emulator.The game is for the PC. The iso isn't bad.I personally rip it. Anyways, how do you tell the PC to use Daemons virtrual as your primarly drive. I been trying to play the game with out the cd. I find it rather annoying that one of my cd is use for just games. By the way, Suvo is for the epsxe emulator. The game is for the PC. The final fanasty 8 is the PC verison. I hope I conveyed my ideas clearly. Again, I am very sorry for the cap locks.

Edited by zeheero

apology accepted (smart move zeheero) umn ya , u have to use a tool , im not gonna post it i will pm it 2 u , umn ive had the same problem but im trying to fix now , ya it should work but first of all do u have a bios , they are ilegall btw , u can easiely find 1 using google just look in ur contents folder and there is a help file :D , also yes im talking about the emu epsxe :) so be patient im trying to fix this....

edit: i found out , u cant get it to read directly :D but :D u can do 1 of the following

1. just put the game into ur cd drive (not virtual drive) and then press run cd... or

2. get an iso creator and make the files inot iso's :D thats all

Edited by suvo

So, I have to use my cds? Sigh....I was hoping I don't have to use my disc to get the dang game working.Okay...I guess I have to use CDs.Thanks guys and Suvo

apology accepted (smart move zeheero) umn ya , u have to use a tool , im not gonna post it i will pm it 2 u , umn ive had the same problem but im trying to fix now , ya it should work but first of all do u have a bios , they are ilegall btw , u can easiely find 1 using google just look in ur contents folder and there is a help file :D , also yes im talking about the emu epsxe :( so be patient im trying to fix this....

edit: i found out , u cant get it to read directly  :D but :D u can do 1 of the following

1. just put the game into ur cd drive (not virtual drive) and then press run cd... or

2. get an iso creator and make the files inot iso's :D thats all

You don't need CDs if you're just going to emulate the game. Mount CD 1 and run the game.

Since you said that you have 5 CDs, I assume that you have the PC version; still the wrong forum, but then again, we don't have a subforum for PC games...

Agozer, I try mounting it with the daemon virtural drive, but after mounting it. It seems the computer don't know which cd drive is the game is in. Furthermore, I wish I knew how to tell my computer that the only drive to detect is the daemon virtrual drive instead of all the other real CD drives. Does anyone know how to tell windows to only read what I tell it too. The PC game won't let specifi which drive to only run on.Anways, thanks for the help guys. Btw, I thought this was the PC form. I guess someone move it or I wrote in the wrong form again. :D

You don't need CDs if you're just going to emulate the game. Mount CD 1 and run the game.

Since you said that you have 5 CDs, I assume that you have the PC version; still the wrong forum, but then again, we don't have a subforum for PC games...