What age range will you stop being a Gamer?

Diso

When will you stop being a Gamer?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent question!

I play very few games anymore. I think within a year or two I'll be down to just the civilization-style games. And as games start to look less and less like the games I grew up with (GTA-style games are totally alien to me) I'll stop playing them. I give myself maybe 5 more years of video games. So like early 30's maybe.

If you want my honest opinion, I'll always try to find time for games. Sure, work would take most of time time, but that's not a good excuse for not having the time to play games. Maybe when I'm nearing my 60s.

Once you've started to play games, you don't simply stop completely. The problem with todays parents are that most of them were born in an age when there were no computer, video games and the like. So they still see video games as entertainment for kids and still think they are semi-evil or evil.

Now, I don't see this happening with our age group. Sure, we play less when we get older because our priorities change... but I don't see myself to just give up playing games one day. They've become too much a part of my daily life.

To be quite honest, I find the question "At what age will you stop being a Gamer?" rather insulting. Sure, I'll stop being a gamer after I die.

We are the video game generation so I doubt many people would just stop playing just because they reach a certain age. I'll probably always play games whenever I can because it's good way to relax and to just have fun. It's better than watching television, that's for sure. I certainly won't stop playing games because I reach a certain age where I'm "not supposed to" play games. Video games isn't only a kids activity now, hell the biggest demographic is 18-30.

The only way I'd ever stop playing games is if the games get so formulaic and crappy that I feel I'm wasting my time with them. And I'm afraid I think it is heading that way...

NEVAH :) Becuase it's in my blood...maybe i will get a job in the game industry...now that would be fun :o

Edited by NeoRAGERx