Michael Jackson, Innocent or Guilty?

Alpha

What's your verdict for Michael Jackson?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd have to say Michael Jackson will most likely be innocent on all counts. I would be very surprised if he is guilty on any of them. But what do I know, who knows? What do you think? :(

"The moonwalking entertainer, who has pleaded innocent, faces nearly 20 years in prison if convicted on all 10 counts."

WARNING: The following information may be unsuitable for children under 18.

The ten 10 charges against Jackson are outlined below:

Count 1: Conspiracy. The charge is Michael Jackson "conspired with Ronald Konitzer, Dieter Weizner, Frank Casio, Vinnie Amen and Marc Schaffel to abduct, falsely imprison and extort the accuser and his family by unlawfully controlling, withholding, isolating, concealing and enticing and threatened them."

Sentence: Up to four years for the conspiracy to abduct a child, up to one year for the false imprisonment, and up to four years for the extortion. 

Counts 2 to 5: Molestation. The charge is that between February 20, 2003 and March 12, 2003, "Jackson willfully, unlawfully and lewdly committed a lewd and lascivious act upon the accuser with the intent of arousing, appealing to, and ratifying the lust, passions, and sexual desires of himself and the accuser."

This refers to two counts of the boy himself saying "Michael Jackson molested me, and two counts of his brother saying, "I saw Michael Jackson molesting him."

Sentence: For each count, Michael Jackson could face up to eight years in prison.

Count 6:  Attempt to commit a lewd act. "Between February 2003 and March 12 that Jackson attempted to have the accuser commit a lewd act upon Jackson's body with the intent of arousing."

"Basically there was one area of testimony where the accuser said Michael Jackson grabbed his hand and put it on Michael Jackson's genitals and then the boy grabbed it away," explains "Inside Edition" senior correspondent Jim Moret. "This jury may have been stunned to discover that it's not actually molestation— It's a lewd act. And all you really need is 'a touching of the body of someone younger than 14 with the intent to arouse either person.' This touching could be on top of or below the clothing."

Counts 7 to 10: The felony alcohol counts— Giving  alcohol to the child to assist in the commission of the lewd act.  Each of these counts relates to giving the boy alcohol in an effort to molest him on those four molestation counts. The charge is that he unlawfully gave the accuser alcohol to enable and assist him to commit child molestation.

Can you convict somebody of just these alcohol offenses if you acquit him by a reasonable doubt on the underlying lewd acts? "The answer is yes," says criminal defense attorney Daniel Horowitz. "This was actually a crime that was invented in the 1890's, put on the books in California to punish people who slipped laudanum or opiates to people, knocking them out, so that then the warehouse they were guarding could be robbed.  But it applies to any felony, any drug including alcohol meant to knock the person out or weaken them so that then you can commit the crime. That is a crime in and of itself." 

After recent developments in court this week, they jury may decide that Jackson is still guilty of a lesser misdemeanor charge of providing alcohol to a minor.

Sentence: If Jackson is convicted on a felony alcohol count, this carries about two years time, while a conviction on a lesser misdemeanor charge would result in fines and probation.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as he does seem guilty, the family of the "victim" seem to be people who only wanted money and were "out to get" MJ.

I voted wrong lol. I dont think hes totally guilty but ,MJ has done and will prolly always do weird stuff. Im like a lot of comedians and people with commen sense. What kind of dumb arse would leave ther kid alone with MJ?? Ahhh just money hungry bastardos i guess.

Thanks to my fav english teacher for pointing out my misuse of grammer!!!!!

GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hes so sad......he'll get all the luvin in jail

TEEEEEEEHEEEEE!!!!!

If he goes to jail, he probabaly won't drink, eat, sleep, or poop, and would die from starvation. Others say he probabaly would commit suicide before he went to jail if and only if he was guilty on any counts that would send him to jail in the first place.

I think he'll be guilty on a few counts. Maybe his celebrity status will save him again? I doubt it.

There is a new book out by Michael Jackson's former PR guy and it really slams him. I need to stop watching E! Tonight...