XP Vs ME

hairytash

Can anyone tell me the major advantages of having Win XP (excluding blue screen issues).

Im currently using Win ME and I dont get blue screens since I tried a new tweak. At the moment it appears Id lose my scanner (no XP driver) but gain a smarter interface and some extra fruit machine layouts. So Im looking for more advantages.

well...i have 2 computers at home. 1 has ME, the other has XP. with my ME pc, i have had nothing but trouble MOST of the time. in the past i have had to reformat the hd like once every 2-3 months, due to me getting the "blue screen of death". :lol: recently though, i too have been able to fix the problem...i think.

now, with my XP machine, i have had no trouble at all. not one freeze, not one error...and NO blue screen of death. next to 98, XP is the most perfect os i have ever used. :idea:

as for advantages of using XP over ME...it depends. you mentioned you were able to get rid of the blue screen problem in ME...so thats not an issue then i guess. do you experiance any other problems in ME? if so...and you have a high end machine, i would get XP if i were you. i dont think you will regret it. :)