Jesus christ!

What does Jesus Christ have to do with Intel based Macs? A signal that the end is near?!!

By far yes Strum. The end is coming make your time.

Anyone who didn't expect this is an idiot. Apple has stated a few times that IBM has been unable to provide them with the processors that they require. A switch to x86 was inevitable. Hopefully it will go better than the last time they switch processor manufacturer...

I read about this a few hours ago on another board. Good for Apple.

I doubt you'd be able to go to a store and buy the latest OS X without bying a Mac too, since Apple is primariry a hardware company.

I agree with Mr. G that the switch was just a matter of time.

I'm sure they'll do something to make it useless to everyone but photographers musicians and dorks.

I'm sure they'll do something to make it useless to everyone but photographers musicians and dorks.

Uh, didn't they do it already? I mean it's working right now *hugs his older sister's ibook*

I really don't give a rats ass about Macs, I think they're worthless to most end users because of their lack of software support. They are a niche market item for specialty uses mostly by professionals...........but

YOU GOTTA BE F**CKING KIDDING ME! DUMBASS MOVE! JUST ON THE GROUNDS OF MOVING FROM RISC TO CISC ARCHITECTURE, NOBODY WILL CARE TO BUY YOUR COMPUTERS FOR THOSE SPECIALTY REASONS ANYMORE! APPLE IS GOING TO GO TITS UP!

Ok, hope I made myself clear there.

Hehe, they did lose a few customers when they switched from Motorola (forget the chip name) to the PPC. But I have this question, do Mac users really know or care whether it's RISC or CISC? They're Mac users, you know, idiots!! :P

I'd have to say at least 60% of Mac users are business minded professionals trying to get the most out of their software for things like video editing, photography etc. Macs currently win hands down when it comes to that sort of thing, but nothing beats a PC for gaming.......and we all know where most of the market share lies in the software market. VIDEO GAMES!

Oh, as for the other 40%.......yeah, they are stupid tools who only own a Mac because it looks pretty, costs more (so it MUST be better ya know) and they can read their email on it. Like duh and stuff!