torrent question

suvo

umn basically all torents that i have dl are slow can some 1 help me , or tell me how i can speed em up usally my dl speed is 50kbs and now is like 2 kbs and note i have unlimited downloads

Let me guess... you are using Zone Alarm

Yes, Zone Alarm is evil. If you are really using that, ditch it and get something else.

Is it just evil for using torrents, or just evil period? I use it, and it does't seem to affect me downloading from the web, as far as speeds go. I'm just on 56k though so maybe that would make a difference.

Let me guess... you are using Zone Alarm

Yes, Zone Alarm is evil. If you are really using that, ditch it and get something else.

Is it just evil for using torrents, or just evil period? I use it, and it does't seem to affect me downloading from the web, as far as speeds go. I'm just on 56k though so maybe that would make a difference.

It's mostly evil with torrents and other P2P programs, at least from my experience. Furthermore, the some past versions have been real biatch (and I really want to stress 'real') to uninstall.

whats the best software firewall to use im just curious

A difficult question is you ask me, but I can recommend the following:

TINY Personal Firewall (totally free if you can find the right version)

Kerio Personal Firewall

BitDefender Firewall

When the hell will people learn some things about the internet that are VERY important for you to not ask stupid questions. No I don't mean anyone in this thread, I simply just see too much ignorance in general.

#1: 1mbit does not = 1mb/s download speed, divide this shiit by 8 as it's BITS per second. Yes, in a way your ISP lies to you, because 1mbit/s = Comms speed, not download speed which is 1mb\8

#2: The person uploading to you on the other end doesn't have an unlimited pipe, no matter what connection they have. You CANNOT increase your download speed with these special programs, PERIOD. The only way you can increase your speed, is if something in your setup is bottlenecking your connection, like your uploads drowning your downloads, in that case, just limit your upload to 80-90% of your total upload speed.

#3: Firewalls are for servers or total morons. If you aren't running a server, and you have half a brain and keep your system clean with AV and optimized, you don't need a firewall. I have NEVER run a firewall because they are a hinderance, and I never will. How many times have I been attacked? NEVER and I never will be, I make sure to leave as little room for exploitation as possible. (If you would like more info, ask)

P.S. Remember what I said, if you're a moron.......use a firewall.