How much do you pay for internet?

I just signed up for another year of DSL, and the price had gone down since the last time I signed up. Two years ago it was $26 for the basic service, now I'm paying $20 for it. BUT! I just saw an ad today that my isp (sbc/yahoo) just dropped their price to $16! Like 3 days after I signed up. That's 13 Euro. It got me wondering... who here has the best and worst deals for their internet? College students don't count, of course. Just can't compare tuition and an isp bill.

I get like max 140k down/40k up for my $20/mo. How about everyone else?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DSL runs me about $24 USD a month (I'm from Canada, theres a conversion for ya.....$30/month CAD)

3Mbit down/512Kbit up

North Americans get shafted for internet service, period. Sweden and Czecheslovakia have the raw deal. They pay less and get FAR FAR more.

lol , u could just get cable for like 20 buck's for 200mb downloads but i find it hard to get roms with this amount of dl's and i probably use 400 mb a month just loading pages , but meh i have unlimited downloads which is good

$40/month for 3 Mbit down/512 Kbit up. We were paying $45 for 384 down/ 128 up but we called the company to see how much an upgrade would cost and it turns out they were having a 3 Mbit for $40/month for 6 months promotion. After the 6 months are over, we'll move on to something else.

$26 US a month for Download = 1.071 Mbps Upload = 326.10 kbps

is that kinda slow for what i'm paying?? i use SBC yahoo BTW

lol , u could just get cable for like 20 buck's for 200mb downloads but i find it hard to get roms with this amount of dl's and i probably use  400 mb a month just loading pages , but meh i have unlimited downloads which is good

Ya australians have the rawest of raw deals. I hope we never see monthly limits like that. There was speculation last year that the cable companies would go that way but nothings come of it so far ::hastily knocks on wood:: :P

Bunch of my friends in Chicago who live in high rise apartment buildings rely on other people's unprotected wifi connections. And there's a push to try and get the whole city free wireless. I checked my apartment complex... no one on wireless here. Too bad really, that's probably the best deal in isp's outside of sweden :P