NeorageX

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want perfection then emulation isn't the answer...play the real thing...nothing can beat that...

Yes thats why I own an Arcade machine. :peopleseybrow:

I remember you getting it, but I don't remember what games you bought with it...

I remember you getting it, but I don't remember what games you bought with it...

Bootleg version of galaga ( Jamma ) , Jamma PCB Bad dudes Vs dragonninja , Bootleg version of pacman ( Jamma ).

One slot MVS unit. with SNK Vs Capcom

Many other Game boards. But there not working.

I got some arcade machines near me and there is an atomiswave too :P what you have to say about that huh ? :blink:

Try GnGeo. Google it or check http://www.zophar.net. NeoRAGEx is Windows only.

does GnGeo run samurai showdown 5 special and svc chaos and all of the other new roms? i don't think it does.. anyhow GnGeo definately does not work well.. i can't get any rom to load probably because i'm not configuring it properly because i can't find any instructions on how to configure it. i've tried frontends for it but there doesn't seem to be any good ones. perhaps if i spend more time trying i will eventually manage to configure it properly, but i am pretty sure it doesn't support any of the new roms anyways.

so instead i found the MAME drivers to run these roms and compiled them into the latest Xmame (the *nix port of MAME) and now i have xmame with support for these roms.

now my problem is that i cannot find the right romset for these drivers. these drivers require that the romsets contain *.bin files and i have searched everywhere and can only find romsets for samurai showdown 5 sp, mslug5, kof2003, and svc chaos where all of the files are *.rom

:(

I wouldn't know, since I don't use Linux or any UNIX-based operating systems. I just gave an alternative. True, Linux' emulators aren't that good compared to the Windows ones.

You could just rename your.rom files to.bin files manually. Of course, those sets with the ROM extension are usually dedcrypted sets.