What is the process for burning a ps2 game?

I have been scouring the net looking for information on how to burn a ps2 game but they are all jumbled and far in between unlike xbox related scene things. Can anyone let me in on one universal way to back up my games? I know most say that you can use dvddecrypter and extract the iso. is that it? Just burn it after that and I am set? Or do I have to rebuild the iso like an xbox game? Someone please help me.

for all ps2 games that are cds or dvd5 size you can simple just back them up using dvd decrypter and such.

dvd9 games you can use dvd decrypter to make the iso but you'll need to patch it using the dvd9 patcher that was released on ps2nfo.com in order to make a playable disc for any mod.

a patcher eh? will that help me to make a god of war iso without losing anything in the game like the bonus movies?

nice, thanks prican. really quick question though. I went to the site and there are like 5 different patchers. Which one are you talking about? Is the patch something that lets me burn the disc onto a dvd5 with bonus content or would I have to burn it to a dvd9?

nice, thanks prican. really quick question though. I went to the site and there are like 5 different patchers. Which one are you talking about? Is the patch something that lets me burn the disc onto a dvd5 with bonus content or would I have to burn it to a dvd9?

the patcher is for you to be able to use burnt dvd+r dl games on any modded ps2, this isn't a patcher to make dvd9 to dvd5

• 5 weeks later...
I just did direct copies using nero and have had no problems at all playing the back ups on my modded ps2.

OMG! I could of sworn i heard of a way u could burn ps2 games w/o a mod! I cant remeber whwere though! Cuz im like super super super broke at this moment and dont feeling working extra for a mod!!!!!

I just did direct copies using nero and have had no problems at all playing the back ups on my modded ps2.

OMG! I could of sworn i heard of a way u could burn ps2 games w/o a mod! I cant remeber whwere though! Cuz im like super super super broke at this moment and dont feeling working extra for a mod!!!!!

Of course. With a slidecard/bootdisc combo. And I think you meant "play PS2 games w/o a mod".