Kawaks and fba gui buttons

Normal FBA has no frame delay. Other builds of FBA (nFBA, EnFBA) have a 1 to 2 frame delay (depending on build). I believe Kawaks has a 1 Frame delay also, but Kaillera (normal) adds frame delay depending on the connections of the users (More delay added for higher ping).

Also certain FBA builds now suppport CPS3, so MAME can take a hike!

so then the question becomes... why use fba and kawaks? they are both pretty equal aren't they? I dunno I haven't used either in quite some time.

Not even close. FBA supports vastly more games than Kawaks, has more accurate sound, a better Motorola 68000 core (it actually has two), a better gui, none of this "pause before you exit" bullsh*t, and is open-source.

Also certain FBA builds now suppport CPS3, so MAME can take a hike!

Errr.. even the official build of FBA includes CPS-3 (and to a degree PGM) support now. ^^

so then it would seem there is no reason for kawaks or mame at all. except for non fba arcade games. (but really who is playing those :P )

Given a choice between the vanilla and shuffle versions, I would definitely go with shuffle.

It generally has the most up-to-date drivers and a lot of really nice features (avi recording), kawaks/nebula & MAME cheat file support (the guy who wrote the code for that's kind of a dick though), 2PM filter support, etc.

My personal preference is for FBA Enhanced, but the author's on a bit of a hiatus as of late.

good info, who'd of thunk it, emulation discussion here at 1emu :P

• 5 months later...
My personal preference is for FBA Enhanced, but the author's on a bit of a hiatus as of late.

LOL that would be me xD

But for those who didn't know it has been a while since Im back, and well the reason of the hiatus has been explained @ NeoSource.

I couldn't keep going around the net after I found this topic so now I will contribute with some comments ^^...

FB Alpha Rules - for those who haven't been using it for a while I really recommend you do, because, just take some minutes to look at the recent additions to both burn / burner interface.

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/

or check the "whatsnew.txt" included in the latest release (v0.2.96.95)

download the emu, give it a try and look at the massive changes going on, I'm not bluffing :(

Btw, Im now giving all my support to the official FB Alpha project, so every collaboration will go to the official project. My home board is IQ_132 forums (NeoSource) so you can see my work exclusively in there.

http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/

Finally, my choice when using a arcade emulator is... 1-FBA / 2-MAME (for those games not in FBA, but most of the games I like are in FBA and the others will be ported in the future probably so everything is cool ^^)

SeeYaa!

:D

Edited by CaptainCPS-X