What and where is the ASR.DAT file in Kawaks?

I have Win Kawaks 1.52.

I hear alot of people around the net talk about "asr.dat" file. And about how it should be in the main directory of kawaks. I understand that this file is what kawaks read to load the roms, or to add any games that doesn't exist on that list.

I search the WHOLE folder of my Kawaks folder, and do not see asr.dat anywhere! Is it something I have to create manually?

I did a search for "asr.dat" on this forum also, but no results. I also tried "asr" but it requires 4 characters to search in this forum.

thanks.

The ASR.DAT comes only with Kawaks Loader, not with the official versions.

AKA you can only add games to Kawaks Loader.

Thanks for the info.

I did some googling, and notice that the loader only comes with 1.46? Does that loader work with 1.54, or does it completely replace the.EXE file.

thanks

Loders only work with specific versions of said emulator. I'm not sure about Kawaks, but at least Nebula's Loader requires the actual Nebula.exe to be present.

As far as I know:

The EXE still needs to be there.

You can only get loaders for 1.45 and 1.46

The current version of Kawaks is 1.54

There is a special hack version called 1.48b/dev, the roms sets are somewhat non-standard. I think some people here would prefer that it was never invented.

There is a special hack version called 1.48b/dev, the roms sets are somewhat non-standard. I think some people here would prefer that it was never invented.

It''s not a hack per se, just a leaked version with developer commands enabled. I could be wrong though. Yes, the Kawaks dev is not great, being so non-standard as it is.

It''s not a hack per se, just a leaked version with developer commands enabled. I could be wrong though. Yes, the Kawaks dev is not great, being so non-standard as it is.

Yes you are right :devilboy:

Not sure why Robert thought it to be a hacked version.