Nintendo announces Game Boy Micro

from psphacker

Source: gamespot

Nintendo revealed a new edition of its Game Boy Advance handheld. The Game Boy Micro shrinks the already diminutive Game Boy Advance down further, and still retains the functions of the Game Boy Advance SP. The unit is slightly larger than an iPod mini at four inches wide, two inches tall, and.7 inches deep, and can fit easily into gamer's back pockets.

The unit, which weighs a mere 2.8 ounces, will play all Game Boy Advance games and will have customizable faceplates. However, there are no new multimedia functions to speak of. As Fils-Aime put it, the Micro is "a hip new way to show off your portable passion." The Micro will be released this fall.

If this is relatively cheap, then it's actually kind of cool. Something tells me it will outprice the SP though, which just makes it kind of lame somehow.

Edit: On second thought, I kind of like it. It says "We know, we're sorry, it WAS gimmicky.. But there's still life in the GBA you loved!"

Edited by Daeval

I will admit it is sexy.. but I was hoping nintendo was coming out with something that would crush the psp and all i get is a mini version of the gba (come on i own 3 already). Give sony something to worry about.

Oh and i read mario kart ds is gona be online. A few minates later i found out there was a god.

just looking at that thing makes my hands and forearms cramp up into gnarled claws.

i agree the small cell phone sized screen will be a prob for most older gamers or people with eye problems in general. but im like a lot of people nintnedo didnt come out with a real wow for e3 this yr. meh they havent in a few yrs anyway.