PlayStation 3 Officially Announced for 2006

Gryph

They don't even need a console system to survive anyways.

exactly if the PS3 died and sony stopped making systems... sony wouldnt die. They would just stop making money off fanboys with there hypemachines.

seriously... shouldnt the ps2 be 50 bucks by now? I wonder how much money they make a single system.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't even need a console system to survive anyways.

exactly if the PS3 died and sony stopped making systems... sony wouldnt die. They would just stop making money off fanboys with there hypemachines.

seriously... shouldnt the ps2 be 50 bucks by now? I wonder how much money they make a single system.

Even I can't refuse a killer price of a PS2. Mostly because I'm going to mod the hell out of it.

Yeah, Microsoft can afford to take a hit on each console just like it did in the past generation, only ONE quarter brought in profit and that was when Halo 2 was released. It began to lose money right after than again. :D

u guys tend to forget that sony is one of the largest companys in the world. Hell what percent of electronics do they make? Like i said before sony is money hungry. Look at the ps2.. its selling for 150 the same price as the xbox and we all know the xbox hardware is more expensive.

dont act like sony dosnt have enough money.... they are fing rich bastards.

sony is the MS of the japan... hell they are the MS of electronics all together.

No, you're misunderstanding me. I don't tend to forget anything. It's not about them being money hungry, EVERY CORPORATION IS MONEY HUNGRY! And yes, both companies are extremely rich. What I am saying is that Microsoft can afford to take a hit on its hardware since it makes most of its profit in other places. However, a lot of Sony's profits come from the Playstation division. Sony isn't doing as well as people like to think. Why else do you think they made a non-Japanese guy CEO? Because he might be able to inject a little western capitalism into Sony's operations.

More or less, Sony is slowly being dependable on it's Gaming divisons more so then before. So truth to the matter, we are all actually correct!

Just to give you guys a little bit of reality: The Playstation division accounted for 68% of Sony's operating profits last year. SIXTY-EIGHT PERCENT! Now please don't say stupid crap like Sony would operate just as well without the Playstation and it makes money off of fanboys.